4/18/07

Meh.

dog


Why is it that if I put the canines outside and close the porch door they go freaking nuts wanting in the house but if the screen door is left open Tiny will sleep in the doorway for hours? Are they afraid that if the door is closed that they will never get inside the house again? Or are they just controlling bitches?

Kelli was kind enough to nominate me over at Blogger's Choice Awards in the categories of Best Humor Blog and Best Blog About Stuff. You know that you want to go vote for me. Just enter "skitteringthoughts" into their search box and it pulls me up.

Oh for the love of Pete! If the boys don't quit picking at each other I'm gonna have to do something drastic. Sometimes, I picture poking them with the bristly end of a broom til they cry. Not a hard poke, just enough to get their attention. I know that as they get older, that the picking/fighting will get worse and I am not mentally prepared for it.

Sweety has decided that he must have cable ran into the bedroom so he can have a t.v. in there after his surgery. And what is the soonest day that the cable company could come out and do this? April 24. The same day as his surgery. The plan is that on that day, I will take the boys to school, tote Sweety to the hospital, zoom home and wait on the cable people, get the boys from school and then go visit Sweety in the hospital. I promise to be a fucking frazzled mess by the time I go to bed next Tuesday. I think it would be easier to just move our damn bed into the living room and he can watch t.v. there.

10 comments:

Mike said...

Congratulations on the nomination. Tiny looks so completely comfortable there. They probably don't want you to close the door because they might not be able to get to food if they need to.

Chickie said...

Thanks! I didn't think of the food angle. That makes sense. I think they also like having access to a couch to lay on if the mood strikes.

The Phosgene Kid said...

Dogs are always on the wrong side of the door. We got a Dog door that snaps into the frame of our sliding door so the pups have the run of the place. When we go to bed or go out we pull the dog door out and latch the slider.

Good luck on the Blog o' the century.

Midwestern City Boy said...

That's just the way you think if you are a dog. They probably like knowing that they can come back inside whenever they want to versus having to hope that you'll let them in. So, in a way, they are controlling. Its' never to late to change the way animals think. You could probably show them who's boss if you're willing to put up with some short term pain,

P.S. Congratulations on the nomination.

Chickie said...

The Phosgene Kid - I'll have to look into one of those dog doors. I didn't realize that you could take it in and out. Thanks, I am already working on my acceptance speech.

Midwestern City Boy - I can handle short term pain from the dogs but I feel bad if my neighbors can hear them bark or howl. I think the dogs know this and use it to manipulate me. Thanks!

Joey Polanski said...

I woont have imagind "What if ..." evr figgrd into a dogs consciousness.

I wouda figgrd "Smells like crap" & "Dont smell like crap" pretty much exhaustd their cnceptual arsenal.

Sara Sue said...

Congrats on the nomination! (I voted for ya)

Hey ... when are we going to see some more tequila shots video? I'll assume right after Sweetie gets out of the hospital, huh?

patti_cake said...

I will definitely go and vote for ya. I signed up already. I don't understand dogs either. I really think they think if the door is completely closed they will NEVER get in again. Ever.

I don't blame Sweety but actually i'd pick a pile of good books over TV any day.

The picking, that is one reason i'm glad Madison doesn't have any sibs and won't as far as i'm concerned!

Thomas said...

That dog looks happy.
Hanging in the sunshine dreaming of asses to sniff.
That is the life

TV

Chickie said...

Joey Polanski - I think that you underestimate my dogs.

Sara Sue - Oh, once you see me do shots once, there's not much more to see. I'll have to think of some sort of trick to do while I'm drinking so it'll be interesting for you.

Patti_Cake - Tiny & Stinky have told me that that is their fear. Just like when I leave the house they go bonkers when I return because they thought they'd never see anyone again. Dogs must be very insecure.

The picking it making me think it would be good to only have one child.

Thomas - Amen.