3/3/05

No More Asparagus for Me

Or if I do have some I'll have to go pee outside later. Apparently I am one of those people who after they eat asparagus, will have urine that smells like alligator piss for at least 2 days. I thought maybe I was sick and dying but was greatly relieved to find on the internet that this could be the culprit. It's only happened after the last 2 times I ate large quantities of the stuff. Usually we are not a family to comment on bathroom habits but last night Sweety was in there about 15 minutes after me and he was like 'what the hell happened in here?' I told him and he said it was something that would make a train take a dirt road. Rats. I love asparagus. I'm thinking of taking some of the pee and sprinkling it around outside to see if it will keep the neighbors cats away from my house so they'll stop terrorizing my cat and peeing in my garage.

I just realized last night that the boys are here for Easter. I had misread the calendar a couple of weeks ago and had thought they wouldn't be. I'm glad. I like playing the Easter Bunny. Last year I went and hid eggs while they were asleep and then wrote them a not from the EB. I wrote it backwards so they had to hold it up to a mirror to read it. Too bad that BB(10) now knows the truth about all seasonal characters so he'll know it's really me this year. He better not blow my cover to the little ones. The year before that my sister was over here and she distracted them while I put their baskets outside. Later BB swore that he saw the EB out of the corner of his eye. I think this is my favorite part about having kids. Getting to do fun stuff. I'm thankful that they were housebroken when I met them. I met them at good ages (4 and 7).

I can't believe that it's already time to go back to work. My "weekend" just flew by. I did not get one thing done that I'd planned on. My house is not too messy now though. Got it picked up last night and I'll bathe stinky dog today so she doesn't offend the babysitter tonight.

Sweety wants to hold of on getting a chihuahua til after our vacation in June. He wanted to know what I'd do with her. Well helllooooo! She'll fly with us. We're just going to my mom's. He thinks it's weird to take an animal places with you. I don't. The only reason stinky dog isn't going is because she's too big to carry on and during that time of year the airline won't ship dogs as checked baggage. If he knew how many places I took Chi Chi with me when she was here, he'd die. I still take Tasha out with me if I'm going somewhere and I won't have to get out of the car. I think she appreciates not being left cooped up at home alone. She can now recognize the smell of a fast food drive in. I'll roll down her window and that's the only time she wants to stick her head out of it. She's a good dog. I do love her in a grudging sort of way.

Think I'll go nap before starting my day. I can have a bowl of cereal for breakfast (or strawberry shortcake) and then lay back down for a nap while it digests. I don't know if this talent is a blessing or a curse.

No comments: