3/15/05

I Love School Days

The kids were out of school yesterday and I thought I was gonna lose my mind. I guess the boys are at an age now where they must try to kill each other all the time. Between telling them to knock it off and Sylvie's repeated requests to do something with her and them tattling on each other over every tiny thing...Geez.

Sylvie(5) is pushing everyone's buttons right now. I was trying to fix her hair this morning and told her to stop touching something. She gives me a look in the mirror and then leans over to give it one more touch. So I smacked her hand. Now I feel bad. I can tell her til I'm blue in the face not to do something but it goes in one ear and out the other. She doesn't do this with Sweety. I think she does it with me because I'm the "mom figure" right now and with her mom she does whatever she wants. My sister thinks yelling between mother and child is an okay form of communication.

I think Sylvie is getting whatever illness me and Sweety had. I hope I am mistaken. It scares me when she gets sick.

Parenting is a hard job.

My little dog is asleep, recharging, in my lap. I woke to the sound of her crunching on dog food kibbles so I know she is eating. She woke up at 2 a.m. crying to get out of her cage. I put her in the bed with us but she wanted to play not sleep. I ended up putting her in the tub with her crate and a pee pad. Sweety pointed out the soft spot that is on her skull. You can feel her pulse in it. Maybe I should tape a penny over it for protection.

Think I'll go crank up the heating pad. My back is twinging. Hopefully, the exercise today will make it feel better. Or disable me for life.

No comments: