3/25/05

Is There a Doctor in the House?

Oy's foot is damaged. We don't know exactly what happened. The sitter was here last night and she told Sweety that she fell and had been limping ever since. Sweety didn't know where she fell from. Or if he knows he didn't tell me. I don't think it's broken. Maybe it's sprained. She's walking better on it now than when I first got home. I can touch it and she doesn't cry. If she's still limping Monday we'll go to the vet.

I feel bad. I scrambled an egg and hand fed it to her. I hope I'm not creating a little tyrant. Have I mentioned my disdain for eggs? The smell of cooking eggs makes me gag and I cannot eat breakfast eggs. Hopefully by making the sacrifice and cooking and touching an egg for the dog the good karma will help heal her paw.

The kids are out of school today for the start of their spring break. The boys are at their mom's so it's just me and Sylvie today. We spent about an hour coloring and drawing this huge picture. She got up before me and drew a castle scene on a piece of posterboard and we've colored it up. It was fun.

I am such a horrible manager of money. I forgot that a couple of things were drafting automatically from my checking account and I overdrew on it. Had to ask Sweety for money. I may just start giving him my paychecks and he can give me a cash allowance. The way we have it now is we keep separate checking accounts and I give him a certain amount of money each month and he makes the payments on things. When we married he paid off about a billion dollars of debt for me. I think I should have him paid back in approximately 3 years. He's told me not to worry about it (the what's yours is mine thing) but since he paid off stuff from before I knew him I will pay him back. I'd feel guilty about quitting my job knowing that he paid off the loan that I had to get to bail my exhusband out of jail when we were married.

I wish I could find a big sack of drug money somewhere.

No comments: