8/4/05

I'll Be Damned

Is that the husband asleep behind me? Why I do believe it is. Crapola. I'm gonna let him rest for an hour or so more before I wake him up and demand the things that come with marriage. That would be sex dammit.

Sometimes it really, really, really sucks working opposite schedules. The reason we do this is so that one of us will always be at home if the one of the boys needs to come home early from school sick or something or wants someone to go on a field trip with them. But it is nights like this that I think they are getting to be old enough to be latch-key kids.

He asked me a few times this afternoon what was wrong with me and said that I seemed out of it. Honestly, every time I looked at him I remembered that today I put myself on a big ass house loan with him and that ranks right up there with getting married as far as I'm concerned. I almost feel it's more permanent than marriage. Until now we've kept all of our finances separate with the exception of the people wagon that's parked in the garage. I don't know about all that soul mate blahety blah, but I do think (hope) that we'll get to see each other turn old like albino raisins. It does please me that I am the first wife to be on the house title.

I don't know if I've mentioned it yet but I will be 29 in 3 days. And that is kinda making me nerky as well. On August 7 of 1976 my Mom brought a squawlbag into the world and that bitch is just a little over a year away from turning 30.

Getting older really freaks me out. That is some of the reason I bought new clothes. Some girls walk around work looking like anorexic toothpicks and every time one of them walks by I catch myself sucking in my gut and holding my breath. There are ladies I work with that look like they've boinged out bunches of children and they are more fashionable than me. Sweety told me if I wanted new work clothes that he'd be happy to buy me a pair of overalls for every day of the week. Isn't he kind?

I'm gonna go put some spray tan on my person so I'll look healthy in my new dress tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, we're trying to find something for the wifey to do in the evenings b/c the one-income deal is just not working out for us here. ouch. right now, i have a dollar and some change in my wallet. i hate that.

Chickie said...

I don't know where you are but if your wife would be interested in a night time customer service job that pays well (even though the mental aggravation is sometimes great), lemme know what state you are in and I can see if we have any branches there. I could give a referral.

Anonymous said...

We only have one checking account and smush all of our finances together. We don't know or care who paid for anything. It's harder to buy gifts for each other but, otherwise, it hasn't caused us any problems. And houses are NOT more permanent than marriage because you can always sell it but you cant sell a spouse.

Chickie said...

mcb - It just ended up working better for us to keep the money seperate. I give him a set amount on paydays. I don't like him knowing whenever I spend money.

Regarding house loans vs. marriage. If your marriage goes down the crapper divorce or murder are options. If you wanna sell a house you've got to find someone who'll buy it first.