9/17/05

Redneck Ramblings

You might be a redneck if you stop at the pharmacy for a 24 ounce beer and a can of mixed nuts to eat for breakfast.

I have a total freaking bar at home but I didn't want to disturb the dogs by digging around in the kitchen. So now I have the biggest beer that I've ever had sitting here, taunting me. I hope I don't wet the bed after I drink it.

I've started eating Xanax at work again. It seems to be the only thing that keeps me from freaking out on the phone with a "customer". I don't guess work cares if I'm doped to the gills while I'm there. Just as long as they have a hot body to answer the phone, it's all good.

On my way home tonight I picked up the dvd The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. I love the book and was so pleased when a movie came out. The boys really liked it too so it'll be fun to watch it with them again.

The first thing I did when I got in was to make sure Sweety's still alive. He's been having headache's off and on for about a month. Something happened Wednesday and when the head pain hit, the right side of his face went numb too. There was an xray done but they didn't see anything so he's getting an MRI on Monday. The doctor said it's either a sinus infection that the xray missed (though he's never had that happen before) an aneurysm, or a tumor. I'm sure it's just his sinuses. But his heads been killing him since Wednesday. I feel sorry for him. He looks like crap. I can tell that he's not sleeping.

I know I said I wasn't going to post about Sweety's health issues but I can't stand it. It's making me crazy. It doesn't help that he's really scared about it too.

I'm afraid that all the bad thoughts that I've thrown out to various people are coming back to land on him. The three worst ones that I could think of were the EW's husband getting a brain tumor after I'd been wishing one on her, our neighbor having a ministroke after I glared at him and tried to give him a tiny aneurysm and some kid on BB's basketball team who was a total turd and I said to Sweety, "i hope he blows his knee out" and then a few games later in the finals, he did. Maybe these were all coincidences. For these three things that happened, I've probably had a million bad thoughts that didn't come to fruition.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I hope everything turns out ok w/ "Sweety". Sorry I haven't responded to your posts in so long! I do read them frequently, though! Please call me as soon as you find out something w/ the MRI! And don't worry about the thought beams...it is coincidence of "What comes around, goes around."

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO - Redneck..I so can relate, I am married to one! I too hope everything is ok with Sweetie...I know how it can be nerve-racking when you have no idea what's going on....best of luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I think the karma would come back to haunt you yourself, not Sweety. Good luck to him and that pain, though, I hope it goes away soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that it's just sinuses or something like that. But it's good that you are checking into it. Since you are worried, I'll ay a pray for you but I'm sure that it's nothing.

Chickie said...

tsxm - Thank you. Hopefully I can keep from picking my fingernails out between now and then.

bekah - Yeah, but what I'm worried about is if the karma kills him then I'm the one left to deal with everything. So the jokes on me!

mcb - Thanks for the prayers, I'm hoping it's nothing major. It just freaks me out that it deals with his noggin.