11/9/05

Phwew.

I just moved all the effing furniture that I can move out of the living room and into the toyroom in preparation of the great Carpet Cleaning. I have also made the decision to perhaps not clean the toyroom carpet today. This way I can leave all the furniture in that room til the living room is nice and dry. I feel so much better since I have just slashed my workload for the day in half.

Stinky dog Tasha has been dumped off at the beauty shop. She didn't seem really happy to stay. She is probably gnawing through her wrists right now in an effort to escape the groomer's clutches. I forgot that if Stinky's not at home that Tiny will run around and cry til she gets back. The little rat actually weeps. So I've given Tiny a bath but now she has these big ass wet circles under her eyes. She now looks like the stereotypically shaking, pacing, runny-eyed chihuahua instead of the insanely cute animal that I am used to.

Unfortunately the beauty shop doesn't offer nail painting. I may suggest that to them. Did you know that if you have your dog's nails painted their I.Q. immediately goes up by 50 points? So, if you have a stupid beagle and get her all prettied up she might be smart enough to hold the hammer for you while you are building a chicken coop. And she'd look so stylish doing it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I paint Prinny's toenails by myself... if you get the O.P.I. Dog Pawlish (you can get it from the groomers at Petsmart) it's the super-fast drying kind so you whip it on and only have to hold 'em down for a minute before they're dry. You should paint Tiny's toes, too!!

Zube said...

Hee hee. Does the IQ thing work for humans? I wouldn't mind being smarter.

Chickie said...

Bekah - Tiny's toes are as good as painted!

Zube Girl - Oh yes, it works for us bipeds as well. If you use polish with glitter in it that's even better.

BO Snagley said...

if that is all it takes i may have my entire dog painted.

Chickie said...

Bo Snagley - Just make sure it's not lead based paint.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you have both dogs done so you could have a dogless day? Who would have though that the dogs would be such great friends. Especially since Stinky is so much larger than Tiny.

Chickie said...

MCB - I thought about that but the main reason I had someone else do Stinky is it's such a pain to wash and wait for her to dry. Tiny's bathed and dried in 15 minutes. With Stinky she's all wet around the house for a few hours.

I was totally surprised that the dogs took to each other so well. I think Stinky was waiting for a friend.