12/30/05

Not Much Here

This touch pad mouse thing on the laptop is for the birds. I may have to get a little wireless mouse because I don't like the touch pad. Surely I will get faster using it. I have discovered that there is something better than playing on the computer in my robe - playing on the computer while I'm still snugged up in bed. Hee hee. I love it. Tiny dog's asleep on me and I can hear Stinky licking her lips and obsessively scratching. What more could I ask for right now? I toted the laptop, Sasha, to work yesterday to see if I could pick up a wireless signal from the parking lot but it didn't work. Rats.

We're going out with some friends on New Year's Eve. I can't wait! It's been awhile since I've seen them and I know we'll have fun. Don't know yet what it is we're going to do. I'm going to give that some thought today.

Oh, I just remembered that today is payday. I need to go give some people some money!

11 comments:

bekah said...

You'll get use to the touch pad, and after you do, you'll hate using mice.

Dirk the Feeble said...

Curled up in bed with your computer and . . . dogs? Blech!

anne arkham said...

I'm with Bekah. Moving my entire arm around seems like such an inconvenience now that I'm used to just using a couple fingers.

shannon said...

happy new year chickie!

have a great time and be safe...i know, i know, i sound like such a mom! :)

KyuBall said...

Touch pads suck dead pidgeon snatch. I don't know how many times I "accidently" click on something with the pad, when I'm trying to move the pointer.

Some people swear by it...I swear at it.

Good luck and be safe.

edprehiem88122947 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

anaglyph said...

I still hate my touchpad and I've had laptops for several years now. But you do get used to it.

Chickie said...

I restrained myself from buying a wireless mouse. I'm gonna give myself a few weeks to see if I get any quicker with this touchpad shit.

Shannon - Eh, I need someone to sound like a mom sometimes!

Armaedes - Don't knock it til you've tried it. Everyone can benefit from chihuahua love.

Midwestern City Boy said...

I hate touch pads. I can't stand them or their track point cousins either. But you can adjust the settings on the touch pads so hat they are a bit easier to use. You'll get the hang of it after a while. And it is really net having everything in one box and not needing any accessories. Also, they make these real small wireless mice.

BTW, if you're giving out money, I could sure use some to pay those Christmas bills.

Chickie said...

MCB - I ALMOST got a little wireless mouse yesterday but I'm gonna give the touchpad a go. I do like having everything in one tidy container!

I'll send you a check if you promise to not cash it! :)

txsm said...

Sorry, I can't stand touch pads...I am a mouse person. When I got my laptop I tried and tried to get use to the pad...ick...didn't work...hated it! I finally broke down and got a wireless mouse. The touch pad is ok when I'm using my laptop in the living room or, like you, in bed, but when I'm at the desk or table, I need my mouse. You'll find it's a bitch using the touch pad if you do alot of 'copy' and 'paste' like I do.....oh, and Happy New Year to you guys!!!!