6/22/06

Adios!

Thankyouandamen! My vacation has arrived! No more work til July 7! This time tomorrow, I will be at my Mom's house in Oklahoma and I am sooooo looking forward to it. We're going to stay at her house a few days and then go to Texas for a few. Sweety and the boys are coming home on the 2nd but I'm staying in TX til the 6th to visit with my buddies.

I see lots of drinking and gin-rummy playing in my future. And good Mexican food! And barbecue! My diet can just go and fuck itself for the next couple of weeks.

Two big things that I'll miss while being away: our bed and wireless internet service.

I shampooed the carpet the other day and meant to go back over it before we left but it's not going to happen. I'm sure the carpet will still be here when I return.

I'm really hoping that Tiny Dog doesn't go back to her old wall eating ways. I'd hate to have to smack a bitch down as soon as I get home. Last year when we were on vacation was when she started that hole and she hasn't bothered it since it was fixed. Hopefully, Neighborgirl will pay the canines enough attention so they don't feel the need to tunnel out of the house.

And I am feeling TREE-MEN-DOUS guilt over not taking Tiny with us. But I think Stinky would really miss her (or maybe she's appreciate the break from her wacky little friend?) and I'm afraid that she would sneak out of my Mom's house and get eaten by an owl or some other critter. And that would really put a damper on the rest of the vacation.

I'm supposed to be packing for all of us but I've hit a snag. BB(11) has next to no pants here. He says there aren't any at his mom's and he can't drive so I know he hasn't toted his clothing off somewhere so where the hell are they? He may have to recycle the same 3 outfits while we're away.

I better go finish getting our ducks in a row.

But via the magic of painfully slow dial-up service, I'll probably be doing some posting while we're on the road.

9 comments:

The Phosgene Kid said...

HAve to admit this is the first time I have heard anyone excited about visiting Oklahoma. Remember, hide in the Southwest corner of the basement...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your vacation. I know I certainly enjoyed mine.

Michael said...

HEY!!! You'll be in Texas on my birthday...Happy Birthday to me!

Titus said...

Hope you and the boys have a grand time. Who knows; you might find a WiFi spot near you. They must have a Panera or a Starbucks there. Oh, you said Oklahoma. Rats, you might be out of luck :_)

r.fuel said...

Have a great time!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I hope you have a fabulous time Chickie...sounds like you are sooooo ready for this vacation! Poor Tiny & Stinky...but, I'm sure you are right that they are both better off together and at home...I too hope Neighborgirl does a good job with them otherwose there may be a tunnell in that bathroom! I look forward to hearing about Oklahoma & then Texas!

Joey Polanski said...

Not cool, Chick -- taken along a row of ducks an leavin yer doggys bhind.

Tsk - tsk.

Anonymous said...

Are you taking I-10 out here? If you could stop in Lafayette we'll grab lunch.

Titus said...

Panera's with WifFi access in OK.

OKLAHOMA
Broken Arrow, OK • 2201 West Detroit Road
Edmond, OK • 1472 South Bryant Avenue
Norman, OK • 2200 West Main Street
Oklahoma City, OK • 10600 South Pennsylvania
Oklahoma City, OK • 3321 Northwest Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK • 4401 West Memorial Road
Oklahoma City, OK • 2035 South Meridian Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK • 6816 North Western Avenue
Owasso, OK • 12417 96th Street North
Stillwater, OK • 113 West Hall of Fame Avenue
Tulsa, OK • 1624 East 15th Street
Tulsa, OK • 6981 South Lewis Avenue
Tulsa, OK • 5601 East 41st Street
Tulsa, OK • 3800 East 51st Street
Tulsa, OK • 7021 South Memorial Drive
Tulsa, OK • 11123 East 71st Street

- - -

Call/email me with the zip or city in TX where you be and I will get you locations there.