5/2/07

Such a Lucky Girl!

Guess what I got today?

Go on, guess!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

My very first, full-fledged eye-roll from a twelve year old!

Yay! Go me! I feel like such a grownup parent now! I also feel like soap socking someone.

My Mom says that I used to do that to her and it pissed her off to no end. I'm following in her footsteps because I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it and The Fury overcame me.

Look kid, when I tell you to do something - just do it. Even if it doesn't make sense to you. Maybe I'm not explaining everything to you because you have a tendency to let shit go in one ear and right out the other. Maybe you'll hear the reason behind what I told you to do once you complete the first step satisfactorily. Or maybe not. Whatever. Just do what I told you to do. And for the love of Pete, do not roll your eyes at me where I can see you do it. That is just. not. wise.

Ah lovely. LittleBrother just came stomping into the house (they'd been outside playing basketball), all pissy about something that BigBrother has done. It is rather hard to take anything that LB is saying right now too seriously because he is wearing one pea green woolen glove on his right hand. It just really takes away from the anger that he is trying to project.

Bedtime can't come soon enough.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Soap Socking. I haven't heard that expression in years.

I am a veteran of eye rolls.

Chickie said...

Mike - I wasn't able to properly soap sock anyone because all of our soap is liquid. Damn.

The eye roll kills me.

Chickie said...

212designs - Well, glad that you are here now!

I think a finger to the eye would be so satisfying to deliver.