4/21/05

Done

Wow. Just when I thought my bad fucking mood couldn't get any worse it does. Lucky me! Sweety called. Right after answering the phone I realized that BB(10) had left his lunch money here. This is the same kid who was so very sure to let me know this morning that he was out of money. When he told me I asked him where his lunch note was cause the cafeteria sends a note when they are out of money. He didn't know. I asked if he was sure he needed money since he didn't have the note. He was very sure. So he leaves the money on the table beside where his backpack was instead of putting it in the backpack. I told Sweety I'd take it to school this afternoon when I went to pick up Sylvie(6). He asked if I'd take it up there before lunch and I told him no, the kids took sack lunches today and BB could just drink water if he was going to be so forgetful. So Sweety pretty much hung up on me. Holy fucking shit. The kid forgets to take money so he can't get a 15 cent milk and stop the train cause someone needs to make sure the money gets there. I called Sweety back and told him I'd take the money right now. Get to the damn school and there is nowhere to fucking park because today is "vehicle day" and all kinds of emergency vehicles (police cars, ambulance etc.) are in the parking lot and kids are everywhere. Some lady came to my car while I was trying to park and asked me what I was doing and I gave her the lunch money. I think I'm annoyed because a 4th grader should be able to take the envelope with money in it that you hand him and put it in his backpack without incident. I mean if something comes up at school like his running club or something being cancelled he will leave his class to call Sweety repeatedly to make sure that he knows. Last week his teacher handed out a test that they needed to study for and he accidentally threw it away while cleaning out his desk and his teacher said "too bad" when he asked for another copy. (Go Teacher, I say!) I just thought that letting him drink water today would be a nice little lesson about responsibility but I guess I was wrong. I quit. I'm not checking any more homework, not gonna prod anyone about bathtime, not gonna ask Sweety if he's checked homework, not going to make sure that everything they need is in their backpack. One month til Sylvie is gone and then I'm not going to worry about what any kids are up to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allllrighhhtyy then.

I know you are feeling a little stress out right now, being pulled in different directions. I understand...I do. With that said...I can understand where Sweetie is coming from. My son has forgotten everything a few times already. I had told him many times "Tough, I guess your going to get in trouble" but when it comes to eating it's a little different. I don't fool around with them missing meals, only for this one reason, my sis passed out in 2nd grade once, the teacher asked if she ate anything for breakfest she said "no". The kicker is my Mom yelled at her for telling the truth.
Let them fail but let them do it on a full stomach..hope you don't mind my opinion.

Chickie said...

The kiddos took lunches to school so he had actual food he just needed to buy a milk. There was a pudding packed in the lunch so I justified that as his calcium for the meal :) I'm not evil enough to make anyone go hungry.

Sweety told me last night that he didn't hand BB the money that he just put it on the kitchen table. Now I feel bad for thinking BB totally had his head in the sand.

Opinions are always appreciated!