5/19/05

All Dressed Up for Work

I couldn't find anything to wear today. So I dug DEEP in the drawers and came up with a dress that I hadn't worn in quite awhile. It's a silvery-blue color with black leopard (?) print on it. Made of spandex-like stuff. Comes to my knees with a slit in the side and a scoop neck. And best part of all, the sleeves go almost to my elbows and the spandex stuff keeps my upper arm from being jiggly. And although it may not sound modest it is compared to the things I see girls at work in.

But I have a feeling when Sweety sees me he's gonna say something. Usually to work I wear the same 4 outfits: Jeans/t shirt - khaki pants/sweater - khaki pants/sweater - jeans/t shirt. With my hair slicked back and no make up on. People may not recognize me today. Cause a dress like this demands make up and fixing of the hair.

I think Sweety thinks I am susceptible to running away with someone I work with. It probably doesn't help that he knows I had an affair at my old job. But that is like comparing apples and dogshit. My home situation now is nothing like it was then.

And it probably doesn't help that I heard some of my fellow podsters at work described me as "hot" during a smoke break and passed that tidbit on to Sweety the other day. Of course, none of these fellows is old enough to need to shave yet on a regular basis.

Maybe if I continue to look cute going to work he will tell me it is okay if I quit and hide at home.

2 comments:

Chick said...

"comparing apples and dogshit... "

Never heard that saying before...I have to say...I like it...sorta says it all...doesn't it?

Sometimes you have to DIG DEEP in your closet to make it through the day, don't you?

Chickie said...

the apples and dogshit hit me when i was writing the post. i tried the old "oranges" thing but decided that it would be insulting to the orange to use it to describe my first marriage.

i have so gotta clean out my closet. i'd forgotten i even had this dress!