5/31/05

Missions Accomplished

House clean? Check.
Sprogs fed? Check.
Aforementioned sprogs taken to see a movie as promised? Check.
Canines fed? Check.

Whew. And I've got a nice pan of asparagus, squash and garlic cooking in the oven. Life is good.

I've done everything that I said I was gonna do today. My main goal being to get the house clean. I haven't done laundry but that's separate from house cleaning in my book.

In looking forward to summer vacation and not having to get up early to get the kids out the door for school I forgot something. That if I'm not getting up early to get them ready for school then they aren't going anywhere and will be here with me all day. I think I heard them say "Ooowwwwch." about 40 times before 10 a.m. If they don't stop picking at each other I'm going to make them hug each other and then I'm gonna duct tape them together.

I was thinking that tiny dog doesn't know her name but I think she just proved me wrong. I heard her in my bathroom trying to knock over the trash can and I said her name and told her to knock if off and she came outta there like her butt was on fire. I think she has selective comprehension. If tiny dog doesn't leave stinky dog alone she may get eaten. Stinky dog has patience out the wazoo. But she can probably only take so much of being treated like a chew toy.

The boys and I went to see Madagascar. It was a cute movie. It costs too damn much to go to the movies though. I think anything else we see this summer will be at the dollar theater on fifty-cent day. And we'll sneak in our own snacks.

It's nice to be able to sit back and just be lazy. And today is pizza night so I won't have to get the kitchen dirty. Yay!

3 comments:

chris in Arizona said...

mmm pizza :)

Chickie said...

Two for one Tuesday's at Dominos. You can't beat it with a stick.

Anonymous said...

Two more days of school for our daughter then I can sleep in bit later. Still a week to go plus finals for the Boy. I am really looking forward to not having to get up and rush around in the morning. This was the first year that they have been at separate schools so even the car rides were hectic.

We always do Two for Tuesdays at Domino's too. Its two large pizzas for us these days. The 12-year old and the 14-year old eat more than Mom and Dad.