6/14/05

9 Days til I Go on Vacation!

Weeee-ha! I can't wait to see my friends in Texas. We're staying 2 nights in TX then going to Oklahoma til July 3. We'll go to the fireworks show they have in the town I went to school in. I am so freaking ready to see my peeps and my family.

The dilemma of what to do with the canines has been solved. We'd kicked around the idea of having Sweety's sis watch them but I think my dogs would be totally freaked out being around her two dogs. Sweety had suggested having neighbor girl watch them but I had nixed the idea cause I didn't want to leave them home alone. But I realize they'd probably be more relaxed if left at home than at someone else's house having to fight to keep from being used as fuck-dolls by the resident dogs. So they shall stay here. Neighbor girl has assured me she will come over many times during the day and she will take the dogs outside so they can just hang out. And (here's the best part) she's gonna wash stinky dog for me before I get home. The only thing better than coming home to a clean house is coming home to a clean dog. And the pay I offered was less than what tiny dog's airplane ticket was going to be. So using my math, I've made money. When the boys heard how much I was paying they offered to stay home instead of going on vacation so they could make some money. Maybe next year...

We got an estimate for a pool. Right at 20 grand. Add another 6 if we put a hot tub-spa thing on it. I don't know what we're gonna do. It would be nice to have a pool and a privacy fence though. I'd run naked all the damn time. People would never even see me in the front yard.

I took the boys to the dollar movie theater today and we watched Because of Winn Dixie. It was alright. An easy way to kill 2 hours without having anyone bug me with "we're soooo bored. what have you got that we can dooooo?" The only bad thing was that today was 50 cent day so the theaters were packed with daycare kids and preschoolers. I felt like I got my money's worth though. Tomorrow we are going to go and watch The Pacifier. I'd almost rather rub my eyes out with my cheese grater but it is better than having to fend off the Monopoly game.

Ah, I hear the troops fussing. The voices of angels. I guess I'll go help Sweety parent. Or just lend some moral support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our pool was expensive especially since we had to get all the plumbing for a heater. Then we added a fence. The fence is ornamental aluminum and looks really nice but was much more expensive than a wood privacy fence. One of the reasons we got it is that many of the neighbors have two story houses so there would not have been much privacy anyways. We opted not to do a hot tub thing because we could get a better deal on a separate one that had more jets. Plus we could use a hot tub year unlike a pool in Ohio. And they tore up the back yard putting it in so we need to get sod too. So 20-26 grand doesn't sound bad at all to me.

Chickie said...

I think we've decided not to do a spa on it for the same reasons that you did. If we want one we'll get it later.

Luckily our land elevation level is a little higher than our neighbors so they won't be able to peek in on me!

We still don't know for sure what we're going to do. To keep the kids from getting all hopped up about it, we told them we absolutely weren't getting a pool after talking to the pool people today.