7/21/05

Grrrr.

There must be something in the air cause Sweety and I have really butted heads over the last couple of days.

He said something last night about me "doing nothing" on my days off and he had all these things to do when he comes home (mowing, taking out the trash, etc). The word selfish was also used. And I immediately got so pissed off that I couldn't talk. Which was a good thing since there is no telling what would have come outta my mouth. After calming down by furiously folding clothes for about 20 minutes I told him if he really thought I did nothing I was going to start doing nothing and in a couple of weeks he could let me know if he saw any difference.

I work a fucked up schedule. I get home and in bed on Tuesday morning around 3:30 to 4 a.m. and get up around 9 a.m. so the boys can see that there is a parent supervising them. Sometimes on Tuesdays I am too tired to do much of anything but I do try to keep the clutter clear. The house doesn't look bad. He did apologize and said he didn't mean what he said in a bad way. Oh? And what other way was there to take it? Self control is coming to me quite well also. As I listened to him snore last night while I gritted my teeth, I was able to not thwack him between the shoulder blades with my fist. Instead I worked my index finger between my clenched teeth and finally drifted off to sleep. I'm just going to attribute his remarks to low blood sugar and pretend that I didn't hear them. But first I will go clean the toilet with his toothbrush.

I still adore him but when his bad mood and my PMS collide it is not a pretty thing.

Stinky dog must've got a hold of tiny dog this morning. They were playing and I heard tiny dog let out a shriek and then they both laid down and went to sleep. I think stinky hurt her stitches. She seems to be okay though. No bleeding or oozing around the incision. I'll be so glad when she is well and back completely to her old self.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah well, I've been "off" for 2 months and yeah, I haven't done shit. Shit, mind you. At least my hubby is being nice about it...but yeah, we fight about that a lot.

But I go back to work in 3 weeks...ugh....

Anonymous said...

It always seems like nobody is doing anything until they stop doing it. It only seems like your doing less since he's not around when you're doing it and he's POed about having to do stuff himself. Unfortunately, that's married life. This is a down but I'm sure you'll have an up tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...it's in the air, I didn't talk to my hubby for almost 2 days, I was passed pist with him this time....it's in my blog...as my Momma always said, "men were born w/brains, but not in the same place as us!"

Chickie said...

Thanks for the comments, all. I think he has apologized enough so that I won't smother him in his sleep now. And I'm not half as annoyed today as I was yesterday. This is one of the only fusses we've had so I'll be grateful for that.