7/15/05

Grumpy & Sleepy

I had to get up in the middle of my sleep to take a deposit to the bank and log online to make the effing car payment. And it only took 15 minutes to get AOL to come on. Something about not getting a cable connection. After realizing that maybe tiny dog had yanked a cable loose and reconnecting everything was I able to join the internet. Woo hoo.

I was trying to round up the dogs this morning and I heard a "glub glub gurgle" sound coming from stinky dog's bowl. Tiny dog was trying to eat some food bits that stinky had let fall into her water bowl but they were at the bottom of the bowl. So tiny was submerging her freaking head trying to get to the nasty food bits. It was like she was bobbing for apples. I saw her sticking her foot in there the other day to try and get something out but I didn't think she'd try and inhale or exhale with her face in the water bowl. Gross ass little dog. I better keep a good eye on her so she doesn't drown herself. I'm already having to make sure all the toilet seats are always shut cause she has expressed a huge interest in those. I could just see her diving in head first and getting stuck.

On Wednesday tiny dog Oy will be having her uterus removed. I can't wait to see what she acts like coming out from being anesthetized. I'm wondering if they'll let me have the uterus. I've never seen one before. I could put it in a jar and use it as a paperweight at work. When a friend of mine had a minor surgery they let her keep the stuff they took off so I could see it.

It'll be nice to see Sweety on Saturday. I know my work schedule suits me and our life well but is sucks not seeing him 4 nights out of the week. I've thought about going back to working days but I don't think I could handle it.

We are marching forward with our plans to install a pool. We still haven't decided what shape we're getting yet though. The pool guy is coming by again next week so we can get that figured out.

I think I can go pass back out now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first dog we had could never figure out how to drink water from a bowl and always got her chin wet. She just lapped it up with her tongue against the side.

Our pool is kidney shaped. We wanted something symmetrical that would fit the deck. To help us visualize, the pool salesman laid out various shapes full size with flexible fiberglass rods.

I hope you guys go for it. California Girl and I get in the pool every day that the weather and our schedules cooperate. It's a great stress reliever after a long day at work.

Chickie said...

I think we're definately getting a pool. We've just gotta decide what shape. Sweety thinks I'll be able to cope with my job better if I have a pool to float around in. We shall see.

Anonymous said...

A pool is a great stress reliever. We have outdoor speakers connected to our stereo so we can put on CDs and listen to our favorite songs while we float around. It's so peaceful, it's almost impossible to be stressed. And if you get the right stuff, there's almost zero maintenance. For us, the only thing that we have to check regularly is the automatic chlorine feeder.

Chickie said...

Ah. Music outside. That's something that hadn't even occurred to me. We'll have to do something along those lines also.

We're not getting a chlorine type pool. It's going to be saltwater. It's supposed to be lower maintenance and I like how it doesn't irritate my eyes or dry out my hair.