7/17/05

"We're being bastards."

This was the phrase BB(10) proudly announced from the backseat yesterday as he and his brother were acting like little trolls. Sweety was driving so I took it upon myself to turn around and give him the evil eye before I got onto him. And I could tell from the look on his face that he had no idea what he had just said. He's been using some big words lately and we've complimented him on that. He thought it was just another good descriptive word. I explained that it wasn't a nice word to use, right up there with the f-word and s-word and when he realized that he started to freaking cry. He was quite embarrassed.

Sweety began a landscaping project yesterday. He's putting some kind of flower bed type thing on the side of the house. There are no actual flowers in it though. Just plants. Our neighbor was kind enough to come over and lend a hand. I stayed inside. I found out later that he was alerted to the project when Sweety went over to borrow his wheelbarrow. Sweety's next gift from me will be a wheelbarrow.

While at the incredibly large home center yesterday buying all the outdoor project stuff, we also got a grill. One of the gas ones with a little burner on the side so you can cook a pot of something while you grill. It's pretty neat. We just had a lunch of hot dogs and corn off of it and it was quite tasty.

I don't know why I have such a hard time wearing earrings. That is the only place on my body that the piercing bothers me. I can take the thing in my tongue or belly button out overnight and there's no problem putting it back in. But if the earrings come out I have to re-pierce them the next morning. Maybe if the piercing is located in a crevice on my body it does better.

I think I'm going to stick to my original plan of if I'm still blogging at the end of the year I'll buy my own space on the internet. The last couple of days I've been on different places where you can set up blogs and I don't want to go through the hassle of it right now and then do it again 6 months from now. No more grouching about blogger. I loove blogger. It is my friend.

We're getting new neighbors directly across the street from us. Rumor is they are from Oklahoma (yay!) and that the man is retiring from the Marines and his younger girlfriend lives with him. What I'm hoping for is an older black guy and some young hot white chick. Because I know that would bug the shit out of our other neighbor. It will be nice to have someone on the block that didn't know or is friends with the exwife. Maybe I'll get brave and polish off some of my socialization skills and see if she is friend material once they get here. Or maybe I'll just slink around the house in my robe.

My stinking sinuses are killing me. My head feels like a rotten watermelon. I feel like my eyes should be all tiny but they look normal. And I started day one of eating better. For me that meant eating 1 hot dog at lunch instead of 3 and diet soda instead of a liter of regular. You gotta start somewhere.

I'm busy plowing through the vampire books that my friend in TX gave me. I only have 3 more to go in the series. Then I'll read the book on Asian American history that my friend from work gave me.

Gee, Sweety is grumbling cause I'm in here tapping on the keyboard instead of in the living room staring at the nascar race with the family. I better go bond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still need to move over. It's WAY worth it. Your owns space is only $9/year, and hosting is like $9mo. My friend Rob will do it for ya...

Anonymous said...

I agree with SK. Domains name registration is practically free, especially if you buy it on sale. And if you don't have a lazy administrator (like me) things run way smoother than on Blogger. And WordPress is a lot easier to use than Blogger. You can get everything set up in less than a day. I even moved all of my comments over.

Chickie said...

I think ya'll are right. SK, I'll be contacting you within the next couple of weeks about it.