7/9/05

Nice Things About the TX Sidetrip

Before we went to my Mom's in OK we stopped for a couple of days in TX so I could visit my friends and Sweety could see his sister.

And while I was there, my lovely friend Elaine, gave me all of the books in the Anita Blake/Vampire Hunter series. When she was telling me about them I didn't think I'd like them but they are very engaging and easy to read. They are my popcorn books that I'm reading at work right now.

I stayed 2 nights at Elaine's house and finally got to meet her boyfriend of about the past year or so. He was really nice and really seemed to go out of his way to be nice to Elaine and she adores him. I am glad. The first night I was there she and I sat up til 2 a.m. talking and the second night all 4 of us played cards. It was a large time.

The last night I was there I was at my friend Natalie's house. She has twins (boy and girl) and the boy had a baseball game so we went to that and then afterwards her boyfriend/kids dad bought us dinner. There's this little roadside stand thing where they sell boiled crawfish, shrimp, potatoes and corn and that's what we had. I'm not a fan of crawfish but I love spicy boiled shrimp. It was very very tasty. I was actually sweating before I was finished eating cause of the spices. I told the kids a bedtime story and they seemed to love it. And then we sat up late playing cards and talking. It's always nice being at her house.

I hated to leave TX. I miss having these kinds of friends around close.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm. In Texas and didn't EVEN arrange a rendesvoux with me! Hmpf.

Checking in from the reunion so that you don't have to take Xanax. Things are going great.

Later

Anonymous said...

Friends like that are priceless.

One of the sad things about life these days is that we move around so much more than we used to and can't always be as close to good friends as we world like.

Chickie said...

sk - I'm glad that the reunion is going well. Maybe next year when I get more vacation time I can come check out your part of TX! If ya'll ever want to come to Disneyworld and use my house as a hotel, mi casa e su casa. Sorry, my spanish sucks!

mcb - That is so very true. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be. Sweety knows that I love him more than I hate Florida.