8/16/05

Bad Mood Squished

Man, I thought I was going to eat a child just 3 short hours ago. I have soothed my inner beast with pizza and soda. All is well now.

And I've gotta give another big ol' "Thank You!" to SK for the Amazon.com gift certificate she sent me as a surprise for guest hosting her blog. I used it to get 2 books that I've been wanting but never seem to be able to find when I'm at the bookstore. Magical Thinking (the hardcover edition. yay!) and drumroll please... The Talisman - which is my favorite book in the world. And did I get just any copy? Nooooooo. A first edition. So it's not brand spanking new but it pleases me to no end. It made my thingy get all wet when I opened the box. Had to go change my panties.

In approximately an hour the kiddos will be in bed and I will get to snuggle with Sweety. He still has that fucking herpe on his bottom lip. This means that I haven't been getting kisses Any-freaking-where. Nothing like not being able to have something to make you want it even more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Magical Thinking is awesome. I just finished it.

Anonymous said...

You are VERY welcome. I'm so happy that you got stuff you wanted!! And a FIRST EDITION! That ROCKS!!

Love ya!

Chickie said...

anne arkham - Running with Scissors and Dry are both good too. Sweety is working on Dry. It's the first book he's read since he was in high school. It pleases me that I was able to get him to read something.

sk - I was so stinking excited when that book got here. While trying to convey to LB how very special the it was I think my excitement freaked him out. His words as he slinked (slunk?) towards the door "Ooooookay. That's very nice. You are scaring me now. Gotta go!!"