8/22/05

Feeling "Normal"

It's nice to not feel like a lunatic all the time. Or at least not be all tired and sweaty. When I went to the pharmacy to get my new mental health pill they told me they didn't have any. So I'm just going to keep taking what I have been. I think my most recent nuttiness was coming from the blood pressure being out of control and I'm feeling 100 percent better than I was a week ago.

We went out to eat with some friends on Saturday night. I had suggested dinner with Sweety's sister and husband and somehow it turned into dinner for ten. Freaking ten people! When I found that out I almost fainted. But I lived. Maybe socialization isn't all bad. Not that I'll be making a habit of it or anything though.

Sweety patched the hole that Tiny dog gnawed in the wall. She was in the bathroom while I was showering and when I came out I got to view her newest handiwork. She'd licked/nibbled on the spot until she could start shredding it again. It has been decided that she can never be uncaged in the bathroom again. I think she just likes the taste of drywall. I asked Sweety if he had a gold brick or something in the wall that she was sniffing out. Unfortunately not. I guess she just has weird tastebuds. I'm thinking of getting a birdcage to hang on the porch and putting her in it at night so I can't hear her cry.

I had my first giant Kit Kat bar last night. Those things are almost as good as Twinkies. PM dropped it on my desk because I'm not going to buy such chocolatey goodness on my own and I considered it a sign. Then to make up for eating a tasty treat my actual lunch turned out to be crap. Mental note to self: Do not buy a salad from a fast food place. Check. I was planning on a baked potato but missed my turn and got a salad from somewhere else instead. Effing gross. And they forgot to give me salad dressing. After I was done picking out all the brown lettuce and tomatoes there wasn't much left to eat.

I saw the cutest stinking baby in the universe this weekend. Our friends that we went out with have a couple of kids and they brought them over here for the neighbor girl to babysit and I got to witness their adorable walking infant. He's just a little over a year old and I was getting such a kick out of watching him toddle around. He had on little crew socks with gray toes. He looked just like a tiny old man. I could almost make baby soup out of him. Sweety saw me oohing and ahhing over him and remarked that maybe it was time to get me another dog. Eh, I don't think so. I can't get the newest one to not bawl all the time or stop eating the walls.

Anne Arkham has the most interesting post up - Sundays at the Louvre. All of her posts are good reads but for some reason I really liked this one. And she knows how to use semicolons too. That's a bit of punctuation that I haven't mastered yet. I almost bought a book the other day to help me with my quest for better punctuation. But I thought it was silly to get a book to help me figure out when to use semicolons in my blog. I may go back for it.

I am officially sleepy again. Night.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Not everybody agrees with you on the semi-colon thing.

Chickie said...

I just need to learn how to use them properly and then get over my fear of them. I did read that part in the book I was looking at but I'm not schooled enough to apply the punctuation yet.

It just occurred to me that maybe I could look up the proper way to use them on the internet. I have just proven myself not worthy of a computer.

Anonymous said...

You are really:GREAT.

Anonymous said...

How is your blood pressure doing? I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Did you guys buy your house new or had it been lived in before? Maybe another dog peed on the wall long ago and that's what tiny dog is after.

FWIW, I almost never use semicolons.

Chickie said...

Anon - 10-Q.

mcb - The bp is was going down the day after my doctor's visit and I can tell that I'm better. Thanks!

Sweety built the house. Maybe he has an exgirlfriend stuck in the rafters. Or it could be pee. I think he had an outside dog and and inside cat at one point.

I think sometimes I use too many commas or write lots of short sentences when I could be stringing them together with semicolons. I'm sure BB will learn this in school soon. I'll get educated then.

Anonymous said...

I; have ; really high blood ; pressure; too. I have; to take a beta blocker; AND; I take ; effexor xr ; or xl; or whatever; for anxiety; but it doesn't; help.

And; I defintely; know how; to use ; SEMICOLONS!!

(so why are they called semi-colons? not GOOD enough to be COLONS :::::: !!)

Chickie said...

sk - Thanks for the lesson! I see now that I should just put the semi's where ever they would be pretty. Kinda like glitter.

Anonymous said...

semi-colon? try getting a colonic instead. :P

Chickie said...

mam - That is on my list of things to do before I die. Gonna do that right after I get my legs waxed.