9/8/05

Blah blah blah

Due to the high winds expected with the latest hurricane in training, Ophelia, school was cancelled today. I'm just glad that today is Thursday and the boys will be at their mom's.

Stinky dog is parked on the couch suffering from withdrawals. Last night I let her lay on the couch with me and we napped for a couple of hours. This type of thing happens sporadically because it is not often that I'm laying around in clothes that I don't mind getting Stinky-dogged up. Since she received so much love last night she's been all under my feet this morning looking for more of the same. I feel a little guilty so I may fix the bed so she can nap there with me later.

I don't know where the hell Tiny dog is. Probably off eating the wall somewhere.

I've heard that dogs and their owners sometimes share traits and after observing Tiny dog, I think that is true. Cases in point: When I'm digging in the pantry, trying to find a snack, I have my right hand up by my chest (kind of like one of those dinosaurs with small front feet), ready to dart out and snatch the snack when I find it; Tiny uses the same pose when she begging for food or listening for something. I like stuff to be smooth and even and I've decided that's why Tiny likes to nibble on stuff. Last night I was letting her lick out a pudding cup and she became distracted by a tiny tag of plastic on the side. She abandoned eating the pudding remnants to try and nibble off (make smooth!) the plastic bit. I think she has doggie OCD. Now that I'm on my way to understanding my pet, maybe we'll be able to get this housebreaking thing done.

With the front part of the house now having wood flooring, it kind of looks like a basketball court up there. We have raised ceilings so I suggested installing a basketball hoop on the wall. Sweety wasn't too keen with that idea. I guess I'll have to really decorate now.

Speaking of decorate...We finally ordered a picture for the living room. It's a big painting of Starry Night that will go above the couch (probably). I've been wanting to get it forever. It should arrive the beginning of October. I can't wait! I'm going to do some major moving of the stuff that's already on the walls.

We're thinking of buying some land in Oklahoma and will need to make a quick trip up there to check it out if we do. I'm kind of excited about it. It will be nice to see my Mom, even if it is just for one day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't believe your man wouldn't go for the basketball court idea. i think that'd be soooo cooolll!! he needs to reconsider! :)

Anonymous said...

Oklahoma?! How can you live somewhere where the officially motto is "Okalahoma is OK!"?!

Just kidding. :-)

Chickie said...

mam - I think he realized that I was delusional when I suggested it and would regret it later. He was protecting me from myself.

bekah - Okay, the motto does suck. But there are no people there!