9/12/05

Weekend Recap

We are going to Oklahoma the 27th to the 29th this month. I can't wait! It will be so great to sit in my Mom's living room. We'll get there really late on the 27th and spend the 28th looking at land to buy and have to leave super early on the 29th. Even though we won't be there long, it'll still be good to hug her neck.

I was telling the boys about Tiny dog eating puke and we decided that she probably gags Stinky dog for those goodies. I wouldn't put it past her.

This weekend we did a bit of decorating. Our entryway was bare but one basketful of stuff from Target later - voila! A nifty looking little entrance now. I was kinda surprised how put together it turned out to be because I'm not very good at matching stuff. Here is a photo Sweety took of me admiring our stuff. I was making sure that everything was centered just right. I didn't realize that he was stalking me with the camera. One of the reasons it excites me to get new things is because when I was growing up we didn't get to buy much. My Mom kept us fed but I was still the kid wearing the funny clothes that got picked on. I don't think I've told anyone this, but my secret thing that I'd really like to do is buy my Mom a car. I'm really thinking about working an extra year so I can do that for her. She's always been in debt with her cars and with her job plus living in the country they get used up rather quickly.

The previous bitch that lived here was really into the cutesy country stuff. I think that kind of stuff is cute but I prefer it in other people's homes. I like just a few things that I really like to decorate with. I think maybe the neighbor or the EW used to sell home interior stuff because when I was at the neighbor's house I noticed some of the same stuff hanging over there that used to be here.

We also got a new oven. The current one was 16 years old and it finally bit the dust. The new one is one of those with the flat range on top. It's cool to be accumulating some things of our own together. Next on the list is a washer and dryer when the current ones die. I am very tempted to go sabotage the old ones to hurry that process but that does seem wrong.

And last but not least, we're getting new carpet for the boys' rooms. The stuff in there is what was installed 16 years ago when the house was built and it is way past it's prime. They boys got to pick out their own carpet. LB wanted freaking RED carpet but we managed to steer him away from that to something a bit more subdued.

I'm starting to like the house a little more since when I look around now I see things that I helped choose.

Time for a nap with the canines.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a very tolerant person. I can't believe you haven't ripped out everything and had it redone. I'm not sure I could live anywhere an ex had helped decorate.

Chickie said...

For awhile I thought we'd sell the place and I didn't want to decorate and then sell it.

Then I realized we were staying so I took down a lot of shit I didn't like and just haven't done anything with the space yet.

It's all starting to come together nicely though.