10/10/05

Long Day

Why on earth do I waste time worrying about hurting Stinky dog's feelings? I was thinking of taking Tiny to the dog park and then to lunch on Wednesday. Can't take Stinky too because they have to go to different parts of the dog park and I can't handle 2 dogs at the restaurant. So I decided that I'd take Tiny dog's cage out of the room where she and Stinky sleep so Stinky would think that Tiny was in another part of the house. While instead, she's really enjoying glorious freedom.

After I'd spent maybe 4 hours at work hatching my plan, I remembered that I needed to stay home on Wednesday to shampoo Tiny dog pee out of the carpet. But I was so proud of myself for thinking of a way to deceive Stinky dog. I worry too much about my dogs.

I have a feeling that the boom is fixing to be lowered on us at work. It seems that last week while our supervisor was out there were quite a few instances of people leaving early and calling in sick. Skating! Skating! See me twirl on the pretty, thin ice! We're going to a Halloween thing on Saturday night and I was going to ask if I could work on Wednesday and be off on Sunday but I think I'll just keep my yap shut and try to not draw attention to myself or my work habits.

For some reason, the phrase "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" was on a continuous loop in my head tonight. I think that phrase a lot and I like to bounce my head to the syllables. I wonder why.

Okay, I'm thinking crazy shit. It must be bedtime.

5 comments:

Zube said...

Hee. Now I'm going to have "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck..." in my head all day!

Love the stream of conscious writing. :-)

Anonymous said...

It's a smart move to keep a low profile. No sense in drawing attention to yourself. I hope that YOU survive the turmoil.

Chickie said...

zube girl - Make sure to bob your head while saying the woodchuck mantra. Makes it more meaningful.

mcb - I think I've dodged any turmoil. I'm going to really try and be a better little worker though.

L said...

uh oh.... hope everything stays fine at work...

Chickie said...

l - I believe I'm okay. There's just one area of my job that I slack in sometimes (the attendance thing) but that's why I try to do super good in everything else. To help it average out.