12/7/05

Oh, Christmas Tree...

That "Oh, Christmas tree" song is on replay in my noggin today. I can't finish it because I don't know all the words and I keep having to interrupt my internal symphony to yell at the dogs to get the hell away from the tree. There's no tinsel on it and no ornaments low enough for Tiny to nibble on but they are very interested in the packages underneath. Luckily they are unable to be sneakily quiet so I can hear Stinky dog's big head hitting the packages when they get too close.

Sweety treated me to an orgy last night after the kids went to bed. An orgy of food. He said he knows my modus operandi in a relationship is to get comfy and fat and then get skinny and leave. So he's opted to do all he can to keep me well rounded. At 9:00 last night he cooked some kick ass shrimp with rice and some potato rolls with butter and garlic on them. And then some apple turnovers that made my thingy get wet to just smell them in the oven. It was all good stuff.

I think the EW may take the boys to see The Chronicles of Narnia this weekend. And that pisses my petty self off. I told her I read the first book out freaking loud to them as a kind of set up before we went and watched the movie. I'd already told the boys that we'd go see it next week and that Neighborgirl could come along. Maybe I'll get lucky and EW will die a horrible fiery death before this weekend and I'll take the boys to the show to get their mind off of it. She's probably planning on going with her new boyfriend and his kids. He better watch out - he doesn't know that I accidentally killed her last husband with my evil thoughtbeams.

I don't know what I'm going to do to amuse myself next week when Sweety is gone. I had planned on going to see a Christmas show but the place isn't doing it this year. Every year since I've been here this gay club does something around this time of year. But not this year. Probably because I wanted to go. Damn. I am going to maybe venture out and do something. It just seems kind of pathetic to wander around the house and pet the dogs. Then again, it seems kind of pathetic to go out alone. Maybe I'll just sleep the whole time he's gone. I do love sleep.

Speaking of doing things alone - yesterday I had lunch by myself and I had the worst restaurant service EVER. Sometimes, if I feel bad service looming I'll tell the waitperson that I normally tip well and could they just please come by the table every now and then. Maybe I should have told this lady that. I had a bowl of pinto beans and fried okra. To eat these things I must have tabasco sauce and ketchup. I got my food super fast but it got cold during the 20 minutes it took to get my condiments. I had to ask 3 effing times for the ketchup. The second time out she brought the tabasco and ran away before I could ask for the ketchup again then. After the third request, when she put it down she asked me if I'd asked for it before. When I told her yes she said she didn't hear me. Well, no shit. Glad to know you didn't hear me; I thought you just didn't like me and wanted to deprive me of processed tomatoes. About 45 seconds after squirting out my little dab of ketchup some other waitress walks by and asks if I'm done with it because the table behind me needed some. I told her to take it but I wanted to tell her that it took me so long to get the stuff that I'll like to just look at the bottle for awhile. My ticket was 7.50 and usually I leave at least 5.00 if I'm eating alone but she just got 2.00. I really considered leaving nothing because she left all my dirty dishes on the table and I was chewing on my glass before she'd refill it but I thought that would probably fulfill her idea that since I was a singleton she wasn't going to make any money off of me so I tipped anyway. Ha, I showed her. I will never dine alone again at this place.

Last night the dogs were oiled down with their flea medication and Tiny dog is too slick to nap in the bed with me today. I hope she doesn't whine too much about it. Maybe I'll give her some tequila and just tuck her into bed with Stinky.

12 comments:

shannon said...

What a hag, the EW. I put a curse on her...

Anonymous said...

And there is the biggest "con" in the list of "pros and cons of being a stepmother."

You have my commiseration.

(Sorry I've been out of the loop for a few days. Icky head cold ish ness.)

Anonymous said...

I can't even listen to "O Christmas Tree" without bursting into my Alma Mata Song from High School...yeah, it was sung to that tune...."Oh, Alma Mata hear our plea".......yada..yada! And, I wouldn't even had left her the 2.00! My brother had bad service with a waiter one time and left the guy a pennies, the guy came running out of the resturant after my brother and threw the pennies at his car. My brother calmly walked back into the resturant.....complained, and the guy got fired.

Anonymous said...

I get the worst service when I dine alone. Drives me crazy.

Anonymous said...

hey chickie, you may already know this but your template is now messing up on IE. weird. the sidebar is now all the way on the bottom of the page. what did ya do?

Chickie said...

Shannon - I'm hoping if enough thoughtbeams hit her then she will keel over. Thank you for your contribution.

Scorpy - You know, sometimes I think there are more cons than pros...

Bekah - I feel bad if the service was okay and I leave less that a 5, no matter what the tab is.

TXSM - She didn't really deserve a tip but I thought if I stiffed her then she's think "Huh, just as I expected this singleton to do." Maybe she'll give better service to the next person eating alone.

Anne Arkham - I don't expect stellar service when eating alone but she really hit a new low with me.

MAM - The sidebar is down because of the pictures I have up. When those posts are off the main page the sidebar'll be back where it belongs. It bugs me.

anaglyph said...

You've got your presents wrapped already? Man you're organised.

Chickie said...

Anaglyph - Ha, I wish I had it all together! The presents are all ones that the boys' grandparents have sent. I've only bought one gift so far and it is not wrapped.

Anonymous said...

I would have left her two pennies or five cents. That way she would have know how much she is worth.

L said...

people who dine alone are almost always treated like crap

OldLady Of The Hills said...

The EW is truly an asshole, isn't she??? Everytime you mention something about her it sinks in once again that she is completely self-involved and cares for no one or nothing but herself and even her taking the boys to the movie is complete SELF-involvement...am I being to hard on her???

Chickie said...

MCB - Unfortunately, I NEVER carry cash. Not even a nickel.

l - That totally sucks too. I feel odd enough if I'm out alone; The waitress doesn't need to make the experience any worse.

Zube Girl & OOLOTH - I feel like I should be happy that she's taking them somewhere since she never does but I will be royally pissed if they do go to see that movie. But I will tamp down the fury and move on.