4/17/06

I'm A Nerd & That's Okay

About 10 years ago, I saw one episode of show on the Science Channel and I loved it - it was done with marionettes and was set underwater and there was a mute character in it. (Something about a mute puppet...that really made me decide that the show kicked ass.) I was never able to find out the name of the show and have spent the last 10 years asking anybody I converse with if they know the name of the show. They either look at me like I'm nuts or just say no. I was wracking my brain the other night, trying to find it and all of my google searches were leading me nowhere but then I got the bright idea to drop Scotty Ice a line and ask him if he'd heard of it.

And angels cried happy tears for me when his guess of Thunderbirds led to the correct show: Stingray. A great big "Thanks, Scotty!" for helping me out with this. I thought I was gonna die without seeing this fantastic little show ever again.

Guess who has ordered the whole series for cheap cheap off of Amazon.com?

I am so pleased. I can't wait for it to get here.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you had to do is ask your sweety 5 years ago and you would have cut your head banging in half. I guess we are two peas in one pod, that show kicks much ass.

Love Sweety

ps I was going to use alot of Big words in this post but I can not use spell check and well It would look like aliens left this post.

Chickie said...

Dammit, I KNOW I've asked you! Like, just last weekish.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I'm happy for you my dear! Isn't that great when you finally after YEARS AND YEARS of trying to find that needle in the haystack...You Find It! Yay!!!!
And Hooray, too!

btw: I've posted my 100 things about me in honor of my 100th post...if you get a chance, give it a look see!

Scotty Ice said...

glad I could help!!! =)

Scotty

Titus said...

Chiqui,

I used to watch that show a long, long
time ago. I must have been seven or eight
so that show is at least forty years old.
Your mention of it brings back a lot of
memories of my childhood.

Titus

Chickie said...

OOLOTH - I'd began to wonder if I'd dreamt I'd watched the show since I wasn't finding anything about it!

Scotty Ice - You're a good man, Charlie Brown :)

Titus - Okay, I know I didn't ask you about it because I figured since you were from "away" that you'd never have seen it. Maybe I should've asked, huh?

Chickie said...

Mike - I'm hoping this show will be as interesting as I remembered. And if not, I'll just eBay the DVDs.

Joey Polanski said...

Mute marionettes undrwatr ... Who was th creative genyus bhand that show ... Dr Timothy Leary?

Chickie said...

Joey Polanski - I'd like to follow you around, just for a day. I bet you're interesting to watch.

The Phosgene Kid said...

THere was anothe rone called super car wiht marrionettes. No mutes -the trick was getting them to shut up.

Joey Polanski said...

Now Im gonna hafta keep lookin ovr my sholdr.

Chickie said...

Joey Polanski - I'm harmless; Tiny dog's the one you gotta keep an eye out for.

Joey Polanski said...

(*proteckts his crotch*)

Anonymous said...

You shoulda asked me! I used to love Stingray when I was a kid.

"Marina, Aqua Marina, What are these strange enchantments that start whenever you're near?"

Anonymous said...

Who am I kidding. I'm still in love with Marina!

Chickie said...

Anaglyph - What a soothing song! It's okay that you love Marina - Joey Polanski has a thing for a cartoon, you know.

Chickie said...

Joey Polanski - Your feeble human hands will offer no protection against my snapping jaws!