4/10/06

TGIM!

Yay! Monday! I know Mondays suck for a lot of people but I like them because Monday means my next two days are off.

Spent another sleepless night with Tiny dog. Sweety suggested giving her a homemade lobotomy this morning in the hopes of dulling her nighttime yapping. Why is it that he can suggest a lobotomy but when I recommend larynx removal and having her front legs amputated it's considered too much?

In one of Osbasso's recent posts, he mentions a fellow who did a post about what is going wrong with HNT and he took some photos from people who'd done the HNT thing to illustrate his point. Guess who had the dubious honor of being one of the chosen? He used the pool photo that had the stripes on it from a couple of weeks ago. And then he was creative enough to give it a very clever caption where he basically called me fat. Nothing wrong with his opinion but by taking the photos and then giving them snarky captions, instead of sounding like someone who's mildly educated, he came across as a schoolyard bully. I was pissed and then I remembered that awhile back someone used one of my pictures as an example of a good HNT - I figure you take the good with the bad.

After telling Sweety about my financial situation, Saturday night was rather sleepless. When we went to bed he wasn't talking much, tossing around in the bed and huffing and puffing. He got up about 2 hours later and when we got back in bed he was being very nice - it made me nervous. I was afraid he was going to smother me in my sleep. Sunday he told me he wanted to give his final opinion on the matter and then he'd leave me alone about it. This means I may not travel as I'd like this summer but at least he'll won't harping on the money situation. That's a relief; I like to get my ass-chewings out of the way quickly.

Supposedly, the tiles that are missing on the pool will be replaced today. I'm not holding my breath. We also noticed a freaking crack in the deck this weekend. I just love that the damn thing isn't finished and it's already disintegrating. This pool company won't be receiving any referrals from here.

Please let this day go by quickly, Amen.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The guy is probably just jealous that he's not banging something as hot as you, so he had to make fun of it. Dickweed.

And what? No link to said dickweed? I'm mildly disappointed.

Anonymous said...

First off, he's not a dickweed. At least he doesn't feel so insecure about himself that he has to post "half" naked pics of himself on the internet to gain the attention of fucking losers.

Oh and FYI, he didn't "take" the photos or steal them as Osbasso states. He simply copied them for all the world to see. Kind of what you do... now you've got a bigger audience. isn't that what you wanted???

Joey Polanski said...

I gess we live inna werld where any chick who dont have th Playboy-style bod is ... ummm ... "fat."

But we also live inna werld where th Playboy-style bod aint always curvd where a chicks bods sposta be curvd.

Yer curves are where theyr sposta be, Chickie. Th hardbodys best left fer Schwartzeneggr, anyhow.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, in my opinion, I think you look fabulous! You look like the woman you are! Give me a break! Fat???? I don't think so. Pay no attention to the ravings of a jealous oerson, dear Chickie...

Poor Tiny...what do you suppose is bothering her? Hmmmmm. I know you said she does better when it's cold...Refrigeration of some sort in her night-room?

The Phosgene Kid said...

Just quit going to that jackasses' site. If you can't say anythgin nice, don't say anything - unless it is Bush or Hitler you are talking about, of course.

Anonymous said...

You looked gorgeous, Chickie, as you do in all your posts, and your attitude is something to be admired.

L said...

after seeing some of your photos, I CANNOT imagine your being an example of a "bad" HNT, if there is such a thing. sheesh!

Anonymous said...

You photo was awesome! I would ignore him and his site!

Anonymous said...

I just posted this long comment and Blogger managed to eat it. That made me mad.

Anyway, I said that I found this site thanks to the comment that Tracy left, and I read the posts regarding his views on HNT and how he defends himself about stealing other people's photos.

I don't think this is a matter of half naked or not, I think this is a matter of common courtesy and being a good person. A good person does not steal a photo from someone else's blog and make fun of it. This world would be a lot better if more people lived by the "do unto others" rule. I don't think this guy would appreciate someone taking his bio photo and posting it on their blog and writing mean captions about it. I just don't get it. And he says that these HNTers are the ones who are "insecure"?

The same thing can be said for Tracy and those who are defending what this guy did. If someone took a picture of Tracy or her husband and posted mean and derogatory remarks, wouldn't she be offended? Or would it be okay because it's so easy to just "copy them for all the world to see"?

Chickie said...

Mike - I'm just not looking at the pool right now because it seems to be mocking me.

Joey Polanski - Thank you!

OOLOTH - I think Tiny is just spoiled ROTTEN. This is of my own doing and I must find some way to undo it or I'll never get another night of straight sleep.

Bonanza Jellybean - Heh, I'm glad I'm not alone in the world with all my shit breaking :)

The Phosgene Kid - It's not a site that I'd been to before but I looked it up after reading Osbasso's post about it.

You and my husband sound eerily similar. I'm not allowed to drive a German car.

Anne Arkham - Thank you!

L - And Thank you, too!

Jen - Thanks & I plan on it.

Bekah - You have a great way with words :) I totally agree with you on the "courtesy" part. I know the world has jackasses in it but I find it strange that adults would take the time to poke fun at people they don't even know. Maybe he was low on blog fodder that day?

Anonymous said...

I really liked your most recent HNT picture. I think you should just tell whoever doesn't like it to eat shit and die.

I hope that you do get to travel l some during the summer.

Enjoy your pool. We open ours soon.

Chickie said...

MCB - I hope to travel but it looks bleak :(

Oh goody! Pool opening means pictures, right?