8/5/06

Looking Back

Naomi did a bunch of posts with photos from her life during the days leading up to her birthday and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I'm hitting the big three-zero on Monday and have decided to steal her fine idea.

Let's start at the beginning...

Mom & Dad

That would be my parents when I was only a glint in their eyes. I'm so thankful that I didn't get my Dad's ears.

One week

About a week old there. I'm pretty sure that we were at my Grandma's house because of the towel on the couch. Grandma didn't ever own any furniture that she didn't drape in towels as soon as she got it home to keep it looking nice - not that you could ever see the furniture under all the towels.

Blanket

That's one of my favorite blankets. It has been mended by my Mom numerous times and I still have it.

Damn, I was cute!

You can't see it too well but I'm holding a hairbrush. It seems that I had quite a hairbrush/comb fetish as a toddler. I'm holding or chewing one in many of the pictures taken of me as a wee one.

Learning to ride

This is my favorite picture of me with my Dad. I'm glad that I grew up in the country where you could play outside and not worry about getting snatched up.

Korea

With my maternal Grandma and an Uncle and Aunt. Mom and me went to Korea for two months right before my second birthday. My first memories are from that trip. I hope to take my Mom back for a visit someday.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez! You had to have been the cutest baby on the entire planet!!! I swear. You're a fine adult 30-y.o. woman, but man, what a cute baby. Thanks for sharing it with us! =VM=

Anonymous said...

OMG! I LOVE that 70's pic of you and your dad (on your bike). OMG! He was HOTTTT! LOL.

What a cool history, girl!

Joey Polanski said...

Ya lookd pretty dangd cute and innocent once upon a time, Chickie.

I bet that lovely little girl nevr evn dreamd o feedin anyone a CAT-FOOD SAMWICH!

The Phosgene Kid said...

WOW, the last picture brings back some memories, not so much the family, but the backdrop. Korea was so different form anything I had ever experienced before.

Nice family!!

Chickie said...

VM - Thank you & you're welcome!

Bex - The bad thing is, he kept that hairstyle waaay too long.

Joey Polanski - I don't know when I started down that road of evil.

The Phosgene Kid - I'm so glad that remember parts of that trip. It was a pretty big deal.

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Chickie! (Well, tomorrow here anyway - just think, you'd be one day older if you lived in Australia...)

30 eh? Such a spring chicken! Have some cake for me.

Anonymous said...

adorable! I love the pic on the stripey blanket. How about a pic of you now in a similar pose on that very blanket? or at least Tiny Dog.

Mike said...

Great pictures Chickie and a great idea.

Anonymous said...

WOW. Your mom is absolutely gorgeous. Now you being so cute makes sense ;-)

Awesome pics. I just love it. I will have still this idea for my b-day for next month.

.- said...

adorable then..
adorable now...
very nice idea!

Anonymous said...

Oh -- Happy, happy, happy, happy BIRTHDAY - the day you were born and became a light into this WORLD - Oh, then you grew up -- WELL - HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Yep - that's some set of ears on old pa - good thing you didn't get that hair either...or the beard. LOL

Happy day of joy to you

Anonymous said...

The picture of you and your dad is great. Oh, what am I saying? They're all great. Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow.

Chickie said...

Anaglyph - Wonder what country I'd need to go to in order to delay my birthday for another day?

Cissy Strutt - You've given me a Half-Nekkid Thursday idea!

Mike & Jeni & Me & Anon & Bekah - Thank you!

Monogram Queen said...

I hope you get to take your Mom to Korea one day too. That would be so special! :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh this was WONDERFUL!
A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Chickie dear...You are a very special woman and I'm so glad I have gotten to know you through the magic of The Internet!