9/3/06

Start Your Engines!

Sweety did some landscaping today and in the process got burnt to a damn crisp. I know it's gotta be hurting because he's asleep on his stomach and letting out the occasional whimper.

After he got finished toasting himself in the yard, he toted us to the racetrack. When we got there, Sweety snagged us a space in one of the skybooth-thingys but I vetoed the idea because we were all dressed like bums. I felt a little too grubby to be around people that had their shirts tucked in. Our seats were pretty good and it wasn't too hot by the time the race started. It was neat because we were sitting right by one of the turns on the track and got a good look whenever there were any crashes.

LB&BB

There was a kid sitting in front of us and he had a huge mole on the side of his face. And it was hairy. Real hairy. I was dying to smooth it down. If me or one of my loved ones ever gets a big fuzzy mole - I will shave it. I think it'd be distracting enough to have that on your head but to have it look like a tiny bearskin rug makes it worse.

I was able to use the race to introduce the boys to the joys of earplugs! We didn't think to take any the last time we went to a race and we all damn near went deaf. My heart swelled with pride when LittleBrother announced that he wanted to keep his earplugs and use them when he went to bed. He is starting to pick up my sloth-like ways. It pleased me so much to cram them in his ears at bedtime. I can't wait to hear about what a nice sleep he had!

I should seal my eardrums off and hit the hay now too.

7 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Poor Sweety! Didn't he have another sunburn recently?? (Or am I confusing him with someone else...Oh Dear...)
Earplugs! Such a good idea for sleeping better!

About that plant with the little red seed/fruit pods: I cannot get close enough to get them when they are truly ripe...the plant is in a rather inaccessable place for me, but the camera can get a GOOD look! (lol)

shannon said...

I've burned like that once in my life and know Sweety's pain. OMG! And that aloe crap, for me, made it just icky and goopy on top of hurting.

Looks like you all had a blast at the track. The turns, best seats in house!

Anonymous said...

I SEE BUTT CRACK! I SEE BUTT CRACK! I SEE BUTT CRACK!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Ah lord, I guess at least it wasn't a monster truck rally. Did the sky boxes have a spittoon and a rack for banjos?

Draw a bath for your significant other and put in a couple tablespoons of vinegar - that will help with the sunburn.

Chickie said...

OOLOTH - He didn't have a sunburn but his back did get a little mangled when I did a wax job on it!

Oh, it didn't even occur to me that it was your camera lens bringing us so close!

Shannon - We got some aloe vera with some numbing medicine in it so it's keeping him from suffering too much. I still feel sorry for him though!

Bekah - Isn't is adorable? :)

The Phosgene Kid - I think everyone just carried around their banjos. You don't want it to get stolen.

Tragic - Me too. Me too.

Anonymous said...

The only races I go to are the ones where women are flashing in the infield. If I want to watch cars go around in circles I can just go to the nearest mall around Christmas time and watch people looking for parking spaces. And, as a bonus, there might be a fistfight or too with no one around to break it up.

Enjoy your Labor Day holiday.

Chickie said...

MCB - I am a huge NON-fan of races but the boys like them so I was willing to go and have some family time. I'm glad that we only go to one a year.