2/18/07

Too Lazy For A Title

Sweety and I did end up going out for dinner on Valentine's Day. We got there early and the food was great but the service sucked royally. I can handle shitty service but not cold food so I'm not complaining.

As you may (or may not) know, the Daytona 500 race was this weekend and we saw the funniest thing on our way home the other night. You know those big electronic signs that are put up on the side of the road to let people know that there's construction ahead? Some guy changed the signs to read "NASCAR SUCKS - GO HOME". I laughed my ass of at that. We saw the guy that was doing it. He was parking his truck away from the signs and then walking up to change them. The messages didn't stay up too long and were gone when I was driving home from work tonight.

Have you ever looked at something you've written and said "Damn, that just doesn't look right?" I'm having a lot of that in this post. And I'm too tired to fix anything. I think my grammar is getting worser as I age.

8 comments:

Chickie said...

The Phosgene Kid - Well, I guess I won't touch that one since Sweety spent yesterday glued to the t.v. to watch the race. :) I'm not a big fan of any kind of sports but I won't pass up a chance to go watch something so I can drink beer and eat concession stand food!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE that you actually saw the guy who was changing the sihns..I wish you had had YOUR Camera with you and you could have gotten a picture of him doing jis stuff! Funny!

Anonymous said...

OFF, got you honey. Love Sweety

Mike said...

I don't understand NASCAR. It's a sport loved by Republicans and all the participants do is turn to the left. WTF?

Chickie said...

Mike - loved by Republicans and all the participants do is turn to the left. That was funny!

I only watch it for the wrecks.

Anonymous said...

Turns out that this is getting some news coverage now. Thought you might be curious to see it: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/volusia/orl-sign2107feb21,0,1546569.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Chickie said...

Scott English - The link didn't work for me but it did prompt me to find the article in the paper. It strikes me as odd that this happened on Saturday and was just in today's paper. Usually, this place is quick to put tiny things in the paper.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I was a little curious about the delay between you mentioned it and when it showed up in the paper...

Look at you, reporting the news before the professionals do! :)