3/7/07

A Broken Man

Well, I wasn't going to blog about this because it showcases what a moron I am but it's the only thing that's been on my mind for the past few days.


Sweety all zoned out


Last Wednesday Sweety's back wasn't feeling good. We were getting ready for bed and I told him that I thought that I could pop it. (Since I've been paying such close attention to what the chiropractor has been doing to me. Good grief, I wish that I could say that I'd been drinking when this happened but I can't. I was sober as a stone.) I really didn't think that Sweety would let me touch him but he did. (So getting hurt is halfway his fault because all he had to do was tell me no.) And I squashed the hell out of his back, just one time. I didn't do it again because his scream scared me away.

He gimped around the house for a few days in extreme pain until it became a horribly intolerable pain in his neck on Sunday night. His left arm had gone tingly and numb. And his neck hurt unbelievably.

On Tuesday he finally went to the doctor. An MRI revealed that he has 2 bulging discs and 2 crushed nerves. He went to speak with a neurosurgeon this morning about what can be done. He was supposed to call me after he was finished but he hasn't.

When he isn't rolling around in agony he's having a lot of fun picking at me for trying to kill him. His new nickname for me is Dr. Mengele.

Just so you know, I feel like total shit about this and don't need any comments regarding my dumbassery.

I'll just update this post later after I talk to him and find out what's going on.

12:41 p.m.

Sweety was told that he could either have surgery done immediately to fix things or give his body a week to see if it would heal itself. He's not keen on being whacked open so he opted for the wait and see approach.

I asked him last night as he was writing around in agony if there was anything that I could do or get to make him feel better. His reply - "Can we have a threesome?"

It's good to see that his sense of humor is still intact.


But maybe I'll see if I can find someone. This is how crushing the guilt is.

22 comments:

Sara Sue said...

Oh girl...how awful...for you both! I sure hope they can fix him...not FIX him, but make him well! You poor things!

Regal said...

Were the slipped disks a prior issue - I don't think you caused those! Could have been there all along and you just aggravated it by twisting him. Let go of the guilt. You had good intentions. My ex had 3 disk operations and I'm telling you - you couldn't have done that to him - it was already there and your manipulating his body just aggravated it. He can go to physical therapy (NOT A CHIROMPRACTOR) for a few weeks and will feel better in no time. Trust me...I know.

Redroach said...

Tell him he isn't healthy enough for a threesome. Then punch him in the crushed nerve again. That'll teach him.

~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

Men. Even in their deepest pain and suffering....always up for kinky sex.

lord.

Anonymous said...

Sending get well wishes to Sweety.....and good luck on the threesome...LOL

Joey Polanski said...

Sex does wondrs fer back pain.

(Sweety tol me t say that.)

Rich | Championable said...

That was an AWESOME response from Sweety. My hat's off to him.

Mike said...

Honestly, I was just reading that a threesome will cure most types of back pain and a few forms of cancer so I think it is the least you could do for him.

Sara Sue said...

I concur with Dr. Mike's assessment of Sweety's case. Part of the *therapy* is to pot pictures on one's blog. Very important for the rehab of the patient!

Chickie said...

Sara Sue - Heh, if Sweety gets rehab like that it would make for an interesting post!

Regal - He has had back problems before but nothing like this. I do prefer to think that it was just waiting to happen.

Thomas - I like how you think!

Kelli - It's a rather endearing trait that they have.

Scotty Ice - Thank you!

Joey Polanski - Be careful - Sweety'll get you in trouble!

Rich Championable - Thanks, he is one of a kind.

Mike - I would love to see the report that you read!

The Phosgene Kid said...

He should be happy you weren't watching a show on heart surgery...

You must have missed the "Don't try this at home" sign in your Quackapractor's office.

Mike said...

Chickie--I have been looking all over my apartment for that report, but I think a dog must have eaten it or something. You'll just have to take my word for it. Sweety will be happy you did.

NeverEZme said...

Should tell him yes on the threesome! You woul dlove another man to help him out in his condition!!! LOL J/K

Becky said...

Neverezme beat me to it. I was going to say offer to find another man willing to help out, and here's a list of people I thought we'd start the auditions with.

Patti_Cake said...

Well you had the best of intention so that should count for something! I think Sweety and my Hub were seperated at birth or something. Mine could be in death throes and still have his mind on his groin!

The Phosgene Kid said...

I think most men have back problems, because the women in their lives are always on it!! Ha!!

Em said...

I'm sorry he is hurt, but three cheers for his gung-ho attitude! I would have just asked for a hand job. He went all the way!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Maybe someone has already said this, but would he consider going to the chiro for an adjustment cause maybe he can help him, you know?
I certainly can understand your gulit my dear, but don't beat yourself up too much about it...That condition was there before you ever touched him, I'm sorry to say.....
Also? Avoid surgery at all coasts!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Try that threesome and if that doesn't cure him...well,maybe then he should consider surgery, but not on his back!

Sara Sue said...

HEY!! It's half-naked Thursday and no post!??

The Phosgene Kid said...

I think chikie had her computer privileges yanked until Sweety's back becomes unkinked.

Chickie said...

The Phosgene Kid - Yeah, I totally didn't see that sign at the Quackapractor's. I don't think I'd try surgery, too invasive - but I'll mash on someone as Sweety can attest to.

Your comments have cracked me up!

Mike - Okay, I'll take your word for it...

Though something about that report just doesn't sound right.

NeverEZme & BeckyD - Ha! I hadn't thought of that. I don't think he'd go for that. But if he did - wow!

Patti_Cake - Isn't it nice that they're so predictable?

EM - You know, I offered a handjob but he had to ask for more! Geez, sometimes you men are never satisfied.

Lady of the Hills - He's definitely avoiding surgery! I hope that everything gets to feeling better soon. Maybe I'll tell him if he hurries and gets well he can have the threesome?

Sara Sue - I'll make up for it next week!