10/9/07

The Most Boring Post Ever

My sister, her husband and my niece came down this weekend and we had a large time. I'm so glad that they live closer to me now. They're coming down for Thanksgiving too. They are some cooking fools. My BIL fried a turkey (Have you ever had a fried turkey? This was my first and I don't think I'll ever cook one in the oven again!) and they brought a ton of crab legs. Sis and I ate and drank salty dogs til our eyes crossed. Yummy stuff.

They also brought their dog and cat with them. I thought Tiny Dog was going to explode from fury. She didn't want anything to do with the other animals but Stinky would play with them. It pissed Tiny off to no end that her friend was playing with someone else so she'd sit on the couch and watch while barking, growling, crying and quivering with anger. The last morning that they were here Tiny decided to be sociable. Crazy bitch.

LittleBrother's teacher requested a parent/teacher meeting yesterday to discuss his reading comprehension. She sends home a folder that she wants the parents to sign every night. She said to Sweety and COAEW that she appreciated them signing it. COAEW replied, "I know I forget to sign it sometimes but when I do remember to do it then I do." Well, no shit. I think she'd have sounded more intelligent if she'd just kept her mouth shut. She also told the teacher that reading "wasn't her strong point" when discussing LB's reading skills. Sweety said he was dying to ask her what exactly was her strong point. This is why I don't do these meetings. I would not be able to keep my yap shut. COAEW also brought her 2 year old to the meeting and she starting slamming her head on a desk to get attention. Nice.

Since we were slow at work yesterday, I got off a few hours early. It was nice to get home while the sun was still up. I'd known that I was going to be off for a few hours in the middle of my shift but thought I'd have to come back and work the final hour of my shift but it got worked so when I left I got to leave for good. (Geez, what a horrid sentence. Sorry.) Got home and realized that the laptop had died so I spent a good chunk of time locating the proper disks to reformat it and now we are good as new.

Let me warn you - If you are driving down the interstate and you have your stupid arm hanging straight out of your window and you don't yank it back in when I drive by - you might pull back a nub. I almost had to teach someone a lesson during my drive home yesterday.

Oh rats. I just remembered that I left my damn driver's license at work yesterday. I forgot my work identification and to get a temporary one I had to give them my license. This wouldn't be a big deal except that BigBrother has an orthodontist appointment tomorrow and to get him out of school I have to show it. Crapola. I've gotta go back to work to pick it up. Maybe I'll get lucky and Sweety won't read this and realize that I wasted gas to go retrieve it.

12 comments:

Sassy said...

Now I totally want a fried turkey. I've never had one but have heard they are yummy! Got any leftovers? LOL

Osbasso said...

This had to be the most boring post ever! ;-)

I keep trying to get the family to do the fried turkey thing, but they won't hear of it... I'd really like to do it once!

Amy said...

Mike makes killer deep fried turkey... soooooo good!

Sara Sue said...

Doesn't Sweetie read your blog?

TK Kerouac said...

hi
I noticed your blog on my sidebar,
I've gone private,
if you'd like an invite email me at tkkerouac@gmail.com
momtheminx

Chickie said...

Fried turkey was something that I thought wouldn't be good but it's REALLY good. Everyone should try it at least once. And it only took 45 minutes to fry!

Sweety reads my blog but not religiously. He said that he lives my life so he doesn't always read it. Then again, maybe he just tells me that so I don't think he's poring over my every word.

icanseeclearlynow said...

hi there. just stopped in for a visit from patti's blog. isn't it amazing how demonstrative the doggies can be with their emotions. we have a jack russell and a lab. the jack is very jealous and territorial as he was here first. i love the way you describe tiny dog "quivering with anger." our jack would be the same way!

:)

maria

Chickie said...

Maria - Maybe it is just something with these little dogs? I can't imagine that the basset hound would ever be jealous like this.

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your sister and family. I love fried turkey. The hub always wants to fry one for Thanksgiving.

The COEW makes my eyes bleed. Had I been Sweety I would have totally hooted with laughter at her. Hard.

Reilly is a jealous little bastard too. It's kinda funny and flattering.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I want to know more about the Fried Turkey..! Did he use a "fryer" type cooker? Or did he do it some other way like on top of the stove? Sounds quite amazing if you say you will never Roast another Turkey...!

The EX really sounds likje a very stupid woman...among all the other things about her that make her the C that she is....OY!

here today, gone tomorrow said...

I have never been bored by anything you posted.

Chickie said...

Patti_Cake - Sweety said it was hard to keep a straight face.

I feel sorry for Tiny Dog because she is so jealous. I figure she's a nervous wreck all of the time, upset that she's not the center of attention.

Lady of the Hills - You can actually buy a fryer that is just for turkeys. The one we used was electric so we ran an extension cord to it on the porch but some of them are propane powered.

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow - That reassures me. I'm in a bit of a slump and putting words here that make sense is like squeezing blood from a turnip. I hope this passes soon.