11/7/07

The Addiction

It is 12:18 a.m. and what am I doing? Waiting for it to be 1 a.m. so I can see what kind of shirt is for sale at shirt.woot.com. This is such a sickness. I'm starting to think that heroin would be better for me. Sweety is snug in the bed and snoring like a chainsaw. (I laid in bed and counted to 250 after the snoring started to be sure that he was asleep.)

Tonight was our t.v. show night. We record Desperate Housewives and Weeds when they come on and watch them on Tuesday night since I'm off work.

While watching t.v. (and drinking copious amounts of wine out of a box) I bought things online. Candles. Dude, I love me some good smelling candles. I've always been a fan of Yankee Candles but getting some samples of handmade candles has converted me. I need to figure out how to make them myself. Along with handmade soap. Handmade soap does not dry me out like store bought soap does. Maybe I will start my own business and quit my day job that I loathe so much.

But probably not. Change scares me. I'm a planner when it comes to "big" things. Once the plan is set, if you are a part of it, I will ask you eleventy billion times what is it that we are doing. Because I'm forgetful. I'm also bad about saying something out loud and then repeating myself 45 seconds later. Like the first thing that came out of my mouth was just a rehearsal.

Guess what I figured out tonight? That Chi Chi is one picky motherfucking eater. The bitch didn't eat yesterday or all day today. I was freaking out, thinking that she was getting ready to die. We feed her wet food and it comes in a few different flavors. Up until now, she'd eat whatever was put in front of her. Since she was going on hour 47 with no nourishment I cracked open one of the other packages for her (since she was getting ready to die and all, I figured it was the least I could do for her) and she scarfed it down. Turns out that she is a fan of Simmered Beef Entree but not Lamb and Rice Stew. This discovery should lead to many, many, many more happy meals for her.

Geez, I wish the computer monitor wasn't so bright. If for some odd reason Sweety wakes up right now, I'm going to slam the computer shut and then army-crawl to the bathroom and pretend that I'm just coming out of there with a stomach ache. I wish the damn keys on the keyboard were quieter too.

1:02 a.m. The shirt doesn't suit me. Green makes me look ill. I can go to bed now. Thank goodness.

6 comments:

here today, gone tomorrow said...

LMAO big time at that vision of you army-crawling to avoid detection from Sweety!!!

Mike said...

So you waited all that time only to find out that you didn't like the shirt?

Well that just sucks.

There's nothing finicky about the way Carmen eats. The only thing I have ever seen her walk away from was a black olive. She tried to eat it several times, but finally just walked away. I could tell it bothered her no end to walk away, but she did.

Chickie said...

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow - Luckily I did not have to use my moves. Carpet burn sucks.

Mike - It's kind of a good thing that the shirt wasn't suitable. I saved myself $10.

Chi Chi is getting pickier in her old age. She used to eat anything but I think the lack of teeth causes her to pick and choose more. I figure since she's lived so long that I can do what I can and feed here the same damn thing every day. I just thought that she'd like some variety.

I'll have to see if Tiny will eat olives. I'm on a quest to find something that she won't eat. For the longest time, she wouldn't eat fast food french fries but she will now.

Moooooog35 said...

The movie "Fight Club" is a good way to learn how to make soap.

You'll definitely need to work on your "army crawl," though, if you go that route.

..and I'm not sure how good it will smell.

Monogram Queen said...

I get the "fish-eye" when I am caught online. Pisses me right the fuck off. It's okay if HE does what he wants in the evening but God forbid I get online. Hmph. Rant over. Sorry. I am laughing at the vision of you army-crawling also.
We stopped feeding Reilly wet food when we got Holly. It was just too messy. He was pissed at first but now he eats fine (not cheap dry food either) and he will have a catfood snack occasionally as well.

Chickie said...

Moooooog35 - I haven't seen The Fight Club. I'll add it to my NetFlix.

Patti_Cake - To try and preserve peace, I try to stay off the computer when Sweety is home. But if he is watching one of those "how to build something" t.v. shows, I feel it is okay for me to fire up the lap top.

Stinky and Tiny have figured out that Chi Chi gets to eat something tastier than their dry food and they throw a fit when I hide her somewhere so she can eat. I told them that when they are 15 and toothless that I'll do the same for them.