7/12/08

Hola.

What does it say about me that I don't try to hide the smell of alcohol on my breath from my husband but the scent of sesame seeds instead? I'm certain it's not healthy to be filled with glee when Sweety gets in the shower because that is my cue to scamper into the kitchen and eat cheese dipped in sesame seeds as long as the shower is running.

I tell you all a couple of posts down that I've lost a little weight and then spend the next few days eating anything that isn't nailed down. I'm my own worst enemy. At least it's not heroin. Right? But if it was heroin, at least I'd be skinny. But my skin would probably look like shit and my teeth would be falling out.

I'm just killing some time tonight. For some reason, I'm not really sleepy. My laptop is acting like an ass so I've abandoned it for the desktop that's hidden in the back of the house. Something is weird with it though and when I go to any blogs, the font is tiny and I can't read them. Phooey. I'll just blather here instead of nosing around blogland.

Sweety is in bed. He's getting up at 1:30 a.m. to go watch concrete be poured. The place that he works for is building a new warehouse/office space and he's been the pushing person behind it and wants to see the cement go down. They start pouring at 2 a.m. I'm happy for him. I know this building is something that he's been dying to see done and it's been about 4 years or so in the making. When it's finished, he will have to go half as far to work. We will be able to have all of our teeth plated in gold with the money that'll be saved in gas. Or not.

Last Sunday was our 7th anniversary. I can't believe that I've been in this hellhole (Florida) for 7 years already. I have served exactly half of my sentence because in 7 more years, LittleBrother(11) will be 18 and we can move out of this hot-no season having-palm trees abound-place. I will see snow again from my bedroom window before I die! And autumn leaves!

To celebrate, we went out to eat and to the sex toy shop and bought some interesting things. Do you know what is more dangerous than me being three sheets to the wind with a small riding crop in my hand? Nothing. Ahem.

I mentioned to Sweety that I still liked him a whole bunch after 7 years. He thinks we're still together because we haven't suffered any sort of bad thing or major hardship together yet. I say, why do you have to have a bad thing? Maybe we'll get really lucky and miss any major shitstorms. As long as he keeps his weenie in his pants when I'm not around - I don't see why we won't make it another 7.

The bitches are freshly bathed because we're going to my sister's tomorrow. Think I'm going to bed in LB's room and taking Tiny Dog with me.

14 comments:

Sara Sue said...

Hee!! I'm first!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! "Do you know what is more dangerous than me being three sheets to the wind with a small riding crop in my hand? Nothing. Ahem." BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Chickie!!

If you ever do decide to move in 7 years, give us first dibs on your house. Your neck of the woods in Florida is where Nanners and I want to retire!

Her cousin is planning on getting married there in January and we are going to try and make it. Maybe we can treat Sweety and yourself to ice cream at Friendly's ....if its still there!

Congrats again!

themom said...

Happy Anniversary chickie & Sweety! My husband always reminded me of his "7 year itch" - we made it through 4 cycles!! I was laughing about Sweety watching cement being poured...till you explained his reasoning. Admitedly, that would be right up there with "watching paint dry!" Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! We just celebrated our 6th on July 4th. My how time flies when you have a COAEW making your life insane!! LOL

Missing ya!

Love, Becky

Cissy Strutt said...

I say COAEW is the 'bad thing' you guys have had to endure. You don't need any other natural disaster! Best wishes for the next seven.

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Anniversary honey! You'll make it just fine.
I know I wouldn't like to live in FL for sure!

The Phosgene Kid said...

Haven't suffered a bad thing? What about his ex-wife, doesn't she count?? Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary
Happy Anniversary

HAPPy AnniVERsaRYYYY!

(think Lone Ranger theme)

Mike said...

I'm a bit late, but happy anniversary anyway.

Shover Robot said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Have a great Trip!

Rich | Championable said...

"What does it say about me that I don't try to hide the smell of alcohol on my breath from my husband but the scent of sesame seeds instead?"

- That you love him?

Belated happy!

Anonymous said...

happy 7 year mark to you... :)

have fun in the next 7...

peace...

TK Kerouac said...

Happy number 7, its great to hear you've made it seven years without developing the itch.
maybe you could tell hubby you made it because you truly love each other.

As for palm trees
I get the four seasons every year
but would love perpetual palm trees

you always want what you don't have

Chickie said...

Thanks for the "happy anniversary's"!

I think you guys are right. The COAEW is our bad thing. I really don't deserve any more bad.

Scotty - I will definitely take you up on an ice cream!