7/24/08

More Random

The one bad thing about vacation is no sex. Sweety and the boys sleep in the tiny bedroom and I sleep on the couch at my Mom's house. I shoved Mom and the boys out the door and to the nearest fishing hole after supper tonight because I had to get some before someone got hurt. It felt kind of weird to get naked in the room that holds all of my childhood photos so I just turned off the light.

I've read some blogs lately and people speak of how they don't infringe on their children's privacy by blogging about them. That it would be embarrassing to the kid. But on some of these blogs, people talk about things that are way personal while also posting photos of their kids. If you're so worried about not embarrassing someone - wouldn't it be a good idea to not air your dirty laundry? And just for the record, if you're reading this - it isn't you. I know I've talked about things that the boys would faint over if they read it but honestly? If my internet corner was ever found by them or their charming mother, I would have no problem telling someone to get over it. Life isn't all kittens and cottonballs. (Thank you, Mike. I've been dying to use that phrase.)

Wow, the boys and Mom just got in from fishing. The didn't catch anything but Mom let BigBrother(13) drive the car from the strip pit. It's about a mile away. He is very excited.

I shall go. Tonight is our last night here and I need to go pet my Mom while I can.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same problem when we are away from home. It barely seems like vacation when there is no sex.

Anonymous said...

Any vacation with kids is usually sex-less for us. *sigh*

Chickie said...

One year we rented a hotel room and left the kids at my Mom's for one night. That was when we were newly married. Now, we just basically do without.

here today, gone tomorrow said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to pet her Mom. They seem to like it, don't they?

themom said...

Awww..so sweet, to have a Mom to pet. You are great.

Chickie said...

My Mom is the best to pet! I like to rub her hair too.

Monogram Queen said...

Ha haaaa I am dying laughing about the sex because Stacy would do it anywhere with no qualms as to who is in the house but i'm extremely freaky about it!