7/11/22

For Crying Out Loud

​So the Bean has this field trip tomorrow & she needs her swimsuit. I have asked her for the past two days if she has her suit. She always answers yes. Tenfuckingthirty at night, the night before the trip, she informs me that she can’t find her swim bottoms. 


Excuse me? WTF. I pretty much lost any shred of self restraint and chewed her a new asshole. I knew the damn suit bottoms had to be here somewhere. We eventually found them. After finding them, Bean was apologizing for telling me that she had her suit when she didn’t and she started to cry.


Now I feel like the biggest asshole around for grouching at her so much. I was so mad that I got lightheaded. I don’t think I’ve ever grouched at her like this before. But damn kid, keep track of your stuff!

4 comments:

Becktacular said...

It happens, Mama. The night before my girl left for college, I broke my tooth. I was in excruciating pain. She drove me to the ER (no emergency dentists open). I proceeded to bitch her the f out for driving so badly (she wasn’t), that I had us both in tears. After I got some relief and we left the ER, I apologized profusely and she said she understood. To this day, she always says things are not “Tooth Mommy bad.” 🤣🤣

M said...

It’ll be okay- and you did apologize and own up to it. That’s the difference, and she knows that.

Dayle Winnifred said...

We have all done that. Its important that she sees you upset also - because as long as you dealt with it in a healthy manner and said you are sorry - she is going to learn that its ok to get mad. Kids need to learn that the whole spectrum of emotion is valid and how to be responsible for those emotions. It sounds like you did exactly that!

Chickie said...

Thanks y’all. You make me feel better. Bean accepted my apology & said she understood why I got so upset. It was past my bedtime. lol