7/11/22

It Feels Like Home

I guess my blogging adventure has come full circle.  The old URL that I used after this one has been overtaken by Japanese p0rn so don't go there.  Unless you're into that sort of thing.  I tried blogging at a new place but it just didn't feel right.  Even though I hadn't been here since 2008, I remembered how to login and consider it a sign. 

My anxiety med ran out a few days ago and when I went to refill it, they told me that I had to wait a few more days even though it had been 30 days since the last refill.  Instead of calling my doctor's office to see if they could to anything about it, I decided to just wing it and go without it for a few days.  Big mistake.  I am fucked up.  It feels like electricity is touching my brain every now and then and my teeth feel weird on top of me feeling weird.  Thankfully, I can get more tomorrow.

We break up the Bean's summer with camp weeks every now and then.  She's a little antisocial, (she comes by that honestly) and complains leading up to every new week but once she goes, she's happy and has fun.  Today started a new camp week and she had a good day.  I'm glad.  She's complaining about tomorrow because they have a field trip where they're going to go snorkeling at a spring and she doesn't want to go.  I reminded her that she was all bah humbug about the last two water field trips but ended up having fun.  I know tomorrow will be the same.  Heck, I'd like to go snorkeling!

11 comments:

Dayle Winnifred said...

Snorkeling sounds fun!

fidget (or Erin) said...

im always ready to dislike something before i do it- too many variables!

Dee Kirkland said...

I just heard about a Sea Camp in Galveston that spurs interest in marine biology, but am too helicoptery to send Tris, yet. I sent him to Martial Arts Day Camp but after the first 2 days he begged not to go. He loved church camp tho, I suspect for the VR games, lol. That one’s over night so I went as a chaperone with a watchful eye for him. Still, he broke his arm. Doing it again this year. In this heat. I haven’t even left the AC and I’m already in a puddle just thinking about it!

Becktacular said...

Wow! The place looks nice. Haven’t been here in a minute! Bean sounds a lot like me and my daughter. We both do this to ourselves for everything.

Brain shocks from lack of meds suck!! Nobody gets it unless you’ve had them. Glad you will have meds!

Ok now let me figure out how to post this anonymously!!

M said...

I’ve been trying to get into mental health for weeks, and no one calls back. They’re swamped right now, so I’m taking advantage of DC having recreational weed. It’s been helping. My brain stops screaming and I am a better parent.

Varda said...

I miss those simple days of blogging. The short fb posts aren’t enough to express my thoughts, nor do I want to share my thoughts with hundreds of “friends.”

Anxiety meds - just upped my dose three months ago after a decade on the lowest dose no longer kept me sane. I had to make some life altering changes to slow down my pace and manage three adults and one teenager.

Adulting is difficult. Adulting in the technology age is worse.

I miss the days of simple and honest posts and not all that bragging posts of how everyone’s life is so much better than mine.

I miss finding out how much I have in common with complete strangers I’ve never met.

I miss the calm of just fun exchanges and banter and no hatred or ill will.

Chickie said...

Dayle - Doesn't it though?! I've never been but I'd like to try sometime.

Erin - I am the same way. I want to know how things are going to happen.

Dee - I'm pretty helicoptery so I sit at home and hope that nothing terrible happens to the Bean. I wouldn't be able to handle letting her go away overnight though. I tip my hat to you going to chaperone in this heat! If I had to sit in the hot all day while Bean was at a camp...she probably wouldn't get to go.

Becktacular - This blogger sucks a bag of dicks. For some reason, I can't reply to each individual comment. I'm gonna try and figure out how to tweak the settings here.

M - I'm glad you have something that is helping you get through it for now!

Varda - I think Facebook has helped to kill blogging but it's definitely not the same. I went through some of my old posts so I could check out the old blogs I used to read.

Sara Sue said...

This is weird ... Google remembered me without a login. I can't belive they'd make you wait for your meds ... how is that "care"? I hope Sunny has fun, I'm heading to Rainbow River to do some snorkling with friends at the end of the month.

Amy said...

I miss the days of blogging. I saw someone above mention a sea camp
In Galveston. That one sounds like fun. Think I’m too old? I hope Bean has a good time at her field trip today.

Sam said...

Hurray for blogging. I really miss mine.

Chickie said...

Sara Sue - That’s wild that Google remembered you after all this time! Rainbow River sounds like a good time.

Amy - I think you should hit the camp up! lol Bean didn’t snorkel but said she had fun swimming. I’ll take that.

Sam - I miss yours too. Fire it back up!