3/29/05

Summer's Coming (my FAVORITE season. not)

How do I know that summer is on it's way? I saw my first love bugs the other day. Nasty little fornicating, exhibitionist things. I understand that they've gotta reproduce, but can't they at least try to stay out of my hair? I mean that literally. There are some areas that after you drive your car through them it looks like there's a black living carpet covering the front of your vehicle. Yech.

I made an internal bet with myself yesterday. The love bugs are just one sign of summer. Another is the sudden rash of kids/infants getting baked in cars. I figure we'll hear about at least 2 of those in the next 6 weeks. Has anyone ever wondered, maybe the people that leave their kids in cars didn't want them? I say this because if someone gets mad and abuses their kid on purpose they go to jail but if they accidentally forget they are toting their kid around and leave them in the car they don't get in trouble. Just a thought. I personally think these people should be strung up by their toes. I fell asleep in the car yesterday and in about 5 minutes was burning up. I can't imagine what horribleness that would be for a kid in a carseat.

Once it starts getting hotter I will have to stock up on sodas in my lair. Cause the neighbors won't be seeing me til at least October. I'm like a groundhog. On October 1 if I sense a nice hurricane season in the works I will go back inside til Christmas.

The boys are at their mom's and I told Sylvie(5) that we'd go to the beach today. Forgetting that her being on Spring Break also means lot of college kids are too. So the place'll probably be packed. She's been coughing so I don't even know if we'll go. Here's she comes now...

That went well. I told her little hacking self that she was too sick for the beach and encountered no resistance. Good. We will go to the park later for a little while to fly her kite. That's the main thing she wanted to do at the beach.

Last night Sweety had the big "sex talk" with BB(10). All about condoms and pregnancy and diseases. I didn't know that the talk comes so early. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall to see Sweety's face when the talk was happening. He sounded a little shell-shocked when I spoke with him on the phone. But apparently all the physical symptoms of puberty are upon him and he has questions. He's 10 freaking years old and he has hair down there and under his arms and he told Sweety that "it just gets hard whenever it feels like it" (yeah, it was too much info for me too when Sweety told me). I think the hormones in the foods that kids eat now are making them grow up faster.

I better go help Sylvie tidy up the toy room before she breaks a leg or we lose the dog in there.

1 comment:

Jason said...

True. I didn't think the sex talk occured so early.