3/1/05

What Day is Today?

I got up this morning and didn't know what day it was. I was getting snacks ready for everyone and was trying to remember if I blew Sylvie's hair out after her shower last and I was freaking out because I could not remember. I was trying then to remember what nightgown she wore to bed and what secret I told her before she went to sleep. Then I felt like a total dork when I realized I couldn't remember because I was not here. My mind is fried.







Men See You As Understated


You are an intriguing mix of girl and woman.
You're feminine, quiet, and a total mystery to most men.
Yet they often feel the urge to protect you, even if they don't know you.
You *are* a flirt, but you usually only flirt with those you know well

How Do Men See You? Take This Quiz :-)






This pretty much hit it on the head for me. Rarely do I take any kind of quiz where it's even close to being correct.

Most people tell me once they get to know me "Wow. I thought you were such a bitch when I first met you because you were so quiet." I love it when folks get to know you well enough to be honest. Whenever I get moved to a new group at work it takes me about 6 months to get brave enough to participate in conversation. I'm always afraid of looking stupid. Every time I've gotten to the point where I'm comfortable around some people they change the way our group is set up and put us with new people. That is probably why I've been here almost 4 years now and don't have any real girlfriends like I did in Texas. It took me 5 years to find those 3 friends. Sweety knows I gave up a lot to come here. I know I gave up a lot to come here.

I've been given the green light to start my search for my new dog. Sweety asked me if I wanted it now or for my birthday in August. Of course, I said now. I told him if I get it now maybe I'll have it potty trained by August. I can't wait. I'm going to pet it til it's bald.

I am a rubber of soft things, preferably ears. (sleeping penises are usually pretty soft too. but there's always that issue of accidentally waking it up and having to exert energy when I'm just trying to use it as a tool to get to sleep) I used to use that to help gauge if I wanted to date someone more than once. The softness of their ears and if they would let me pet them. Yeah, I was a cheap date.

I've got to try and really make a lanyard for BB(10) tonight. I'm so un-artsy/craftsy. I'm going to stop volunteering to make things. I suck at it.

And on the subject of volunteering: A heartfelt thank you to the hurricane and chaperoning gods. Due to the 3 hurricanes that creamed us this year there has been a huge decrease in the number of school field trips this year. I've only had to do one so far. With 3 kids in school, that is not very much at all. Usually by this time in the school year they've each had at least 5 or 6. Going on into my 4th year of chaperoning I realized that I'm burnt out on it. I needed the break. You can only handle busloads of screaming kids so much. And why does the snotty nosed kid in the classroom always latch on to me and want to hold my hand? I've had to suck up my fear/aggravation at having others in my space.

I shall go begin my new dog quest. Oy, here I come.

No comments: