4/23/05

Housecleaning Interrupted

Taking a break from cleaning the pad. Sweety has all the sprogs so nobody is here to distract me. I'm about halfway done. Waiting for the kitchen and boys' bathroom floors to dry and then I'll start on our room and bathroom. I hate mopping. We're going to replace the tile in the kitchen with wood floor. I think I won't mop the tile again. Once it gets so sticky that our socks come off I'll jackhammer the tile out and let Sweety know it's time to install the wood floor. I'll worry with the boys' rooms and Sylvie's room/toyroom later. I have enough done that even if everyone comes home I can sequester myself in the area that needs to be cleaned without being bothered.

I've got about 2 weeks worth of mail I need to go through. That's on my to-do list after the whole place is tidy. I don't know why I put off opening mail. Probably because nothing that comes in my name is going to be very important.

Got up this morning and went to the gym and it was closed. Don't know why. They should have been open but there wasn't a sign up or anything saying if they'd open today. I came home and went for a walk instead. BB(10) wanted to go with me so we got to visit alone for about an hour during our walk. It was nice. I like doing things with the boys together but sometimes it's nice to be alone with one of them so I can pay attention without the other brother clamoring for attention.

I think the task of bathing stinky dog is going to be delegated to BB. On the walk he was telling me about washing his rottweiler at his mom's. I guess she's hard to handle and weighs around 120 lbs. If he can manage that I think he's ready to bathe a 45 lb. docile bassett hound.

It makes my knees stick when I bathe her. My cartilage is getting old. I told Sweety the other day that we may have to start using background music when we have sex to drown out the popping of my knees. When I hear them I worry that he may be distracted by the sound.

Agh. I better stop goofing around and resume cleaning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was in 6th or 7th grade, my mom told me to meet her for lunch on Friday, I walked to her work a few blocks away and she would take me across the street to an ice cream/diner place. Every Friday I'd have a banna split, and we played a game 20 questions (which I play with my son now) We did this every Friday, it made me feel so special, I think it stopped when my sis trailed me one day to see where I was going.
Take time with them it means a lot.

Chickie said...

If there's one thing that I've learned about kids over the last 4 years it's that attention is more important to give them than any kind of toy.