4/20/05

Progress is Being Made

After exercising yesterday I learned that I've lost 8 pounds in the last month. Woo hoo! I must be getting some benefit cause I'm using heavier weights than when I started. I swear, I'm gonna mow the lawn this summer in a bikini and stilettos. Usually when I do something outside (which is rarely) I'm all covered up. Some of the other ladies of the neighborhood will be out watering their lawn or whatever with all of their business hanging out. Now, if someone has nice business to hang out, I like looking at it but this isn't the case on my street.

I talked with my friend Elaine last night. Awhile back I bought some of these sheets for her (cause I LOVE mine so much and found these on sale for her) but hadn't sent them to her yet. I told her that they were gonna be on their way and she told me not to send them cause she felt bad that I bought them. I decided to ask her again if it would be okay if I gave them to her because I would just take them back if she was going to feel like she needed to reciprocate in some way. She did agree to take the sheets yesterday. I am glad. I specially chose a color (canvas) that wouldn't show dog hair as bad as white sheets (and also to deter her from bleaching them. she had some sheets awhile back that she bleached and they fell apart). She has this neato crazy little dog that likes to hop in the bed. I like to spend money. One of the ways I sometimes justify it is by getting things for other people.

Last night the kiddos had a movie to watch and the girl next door came over and watched it with them. I made popcorn and hot chocolate for everyone. Hot chocolate is the one thing that I can cook well. The boys last night proclaimed that they love mine much better than the stuff you get in packets and make with hot water.

I think that children are never satisfied. At bedtime I was telling LB(8) goodnight and he asked me if he could pack a lunch tomorrow. I told him no because we were out of bread. He tells me to go get him some from the store before I go to bed. No please or asking me nicely to do it. When I told him I wasn't leaving the house for bread at 9 p.m. he puffs up and looks at me like a bloated frog. This is the kid that I used to call "little adolph" (as in hitler) in my head. I'm thinking to myself "okay. i took you all for ice cream after school, you got to have ordered in pizza and soda for dinner, you got to watch a movie, you had popcorn and homemade fucking hot chocolate and now you're gonna be sulky because i won't go buy bread right now like you demanded? look kid, are you on crack or what?" I told Sweety that I may stop doing so many nice things. I'll just pick 'em up from school and bring them straight home and make everyone eat beans and water for dinner next Tuesday.

We had some fantabulous sex not once but TWICE last night! Hee hee hee! Shower sex and then bed sex later when I wasn't expecting it. I just read this post over at Sarcastic Kitty's place and it summed up my last night. I'll be glad when he gets home today. It's neat still liking being naked with my husband. About this time in my last marriage I was plotting my escape.

One upside to the Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston breakup: All the trash magazines have pictures of Angelina Jolie in them every week now. Love it love it love it. I watched the Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow movie just to see her in it. And she's hot even with an eye patch on. I hope someday she hits the pages of Playboy. My life would be complete.

I better get offa my can and tidy the pad up. I need a maid. That looks like Angelina Jolie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm GLAD you liked it! I'm GLAD you guys did it, too!!

Very cool!

Chickie said...

I was excited when I found it "oooh! she's writing about something i like! looky looky!"

It certainly reminded me of good times :)

Chickie said...

I didn't realize it was his birthday. How odd.