4/9/05

What a Productive Day

We went and got fish for the effing fish tank I referred to here. They are pretty. BB(10) seems relatively pleased. When we got to the fish store he didn't really get to pick out any of the fish like he'd planned on so I told him to pick out a coral thingy and I'd get that for him. I felt bad cause I knew he was excited to pick something out and I could tell he was bummed when he didn't get to pick out a fish. It seems the fish he wanted would grow to great sizes and eat all the other fish. He kept trying to see how much all of the coral pieces were before he'd make a decision (this stems from being told way too much about the financial situation at his mom's i think) and I finally told him not to touch anything but to just show me which one he wanted. The freakin thing was $30. We only spent $15 on the fish. But he likes it. And if the fish die we can use it as a door stop.

I actually cooked tonight. Enchilada casserole. Everyone thought it was too spicy. So I lied and told them it wasn't even seasoned. Yeah, I'll let my kids think that they're going crazy and imagining tastes before I will admit there was a teensy sprinkle of southwest cayenne pepper in there. And I made a chocolate pudding pie. I was feeling especially nurturing earlier today.

Sweety took me to the Fed Ex place today to get my diet pills. I start my water and vitamin and phentermine diet tomorrow. Surely my heart will not explode. It hasn't yet. But, as everyone (my mom & sweety) keeps telling me, as I get older my body won't be able to handle things like it used to. Thanks. Hearing that sort of thing always makes one feel fucking wonderful.

The dryer ate a pair of my favorite panties. They were mesh with a little string of beads that hung down across the front. Somehow the beads got caught in the dryer door and got ripped off. Now all of the beads are in the crack between the dryer door and the dryer so when we open and close the door now it sounds like glass breaking and little bead bits fall to the floor like perverted fairy dust.

BB(10) told Sweety this morning that he has babysat for his mom. She left him alone with an almost 2 year old. Is it just me, or is that not the brightest thing to do? Maybe I am just overprotective. I'll check public restrooms to make sure nobody is in there just waiting for my stepsons to come in so they can do god-knows-what to them. We don't let them stay home alone here. I just think 10 is too young to be in charge of a toddler and a 130 pound dog that likes to eat cats. I'd appreciate any opinions on this. I don't know if maybe my opinion isn't right since I'm not a biological parent. BB knew that Sweety wouldn't be too pleased about hearing this so I think he made him promise not to say anything to his mom. I am so hoping that childbirth kills her. But it won't, with this one being the fourth one out of the chute it'll probably just fall out onto the floor.

Oh, interesting. I forgot to buy whipped cream for the chocolate pie. So Sweety is trying to make some out of whole milk and sugar. I must go watch the carnage.

No comments: