5/13/05

Family Life

LB phoned Sweety this morning to tell him he wasn't going to school cause his stomach hurt. Then EW gets on the phone and told him she couldn't get LB to eat and she didn't know what the problem was. Gee, I fucking wonder... The kid only is "sick" on Fridays when he's with his mom. You'd think she'd have figured out by now that there seems to be a pattern to the illness. I told Sweety I was glad he called to tell me because I was supposed to go eat lunch with LB today and if I'd have gotten up there and he wasn't at school it wouldn't have been pretty. So Sweety calls LB back and tells him to go to school and he knows he's having a lunch visitor today. I guess I'll start having lunch their every freaking Friday to help ensure that he goes to school.

I have been amusing myself with my favorite fantasy involving the exwife. She's face down on the sidewalk and I'm sitting on her back, straddling her and rubbing her face off on the concrete. Then I flip her over and sprinkle salt on her. When I am done I jackhammer out the piece of concrete and turn it into a coffee table.

For awhile I tried to just not get annoyed about things she does with the boys that are just plain stupid. I used the reasoning of 'well, they aren't my kids so why should i care?' But that didn't last too long. She thinks it's okay for them to not go to school and stay up late and do crappy homework. LB is very smart and Sweety said once that at least he wouldn't get behind in school if he missed a day or wasn't worked with. My thinking is why just let your kid be mediocre when they have the potential to be great? It just pisses me off. I want to see them do good and I'm not even their mom. Why doesn't she?

They had a Fairytale Parade for the kindergarteners this morning. I went up there to watch and saw LB going to his class. Sylvie was a dragon. It was what she was for Halloween and she had a dragon storybook so it worked out well. She was cute and she didn't hide her face like I thought she would.

Tomorrow BB has a basketball game. I can't wait. I like to see all those kids out there running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And I know EW won't be there so I will be more relaxed. I want to eat a concession stand hot dog.

I've have been one eating fool since I went to Oklahoma at the end of April. I've got to stop inhaling everything in sight. I've decided I'll get back on my diet when Sylvie leaves. I'll need the comfort of food to get me through her going.

But I have discovered one very tasty treat. Chocolate Lovers Poppycock. Oh my goodness. That shit is so good. I'd never seen it before and it was on sale ($3 for one teensy bag) at the pharmacy the other night so I got some. And ate almost all of it before I got home from work. My jaw hurt from chewing the stuff. Now I'm fixing to have myself one of those Mexican microwavable dinners. I like them in a sick sort of way. I cannot wait til we go on vacation and I can eat some good Mexican food and bbq!

Some other people are meeting us at the bar tonight. That should be interesting. Sweety said they said they wanted to drink with me. Sweety tells me that I act differently when I'm drinking. I know. That's why I've changed my habits. At least I'm not one of those stick-in-the-mud types that are all grouchy when we go out. He would probably die if he could've seen me out on the town a few years ago.

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna wear tonight. Argh. I need some new clothes. But first I need to purge my drawers of stuff I don't even wear anymore to make some room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your writing cracks me up.

Have a good day!