5/3/05

Good Reads

During my trip back to Oklahoma and the flight back home I was able to read to pretty good books. Flight to OK was The Taking by Dean Koontz and the return trip was Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I liked them both. The nice thing about a Dean Koontz novel is that it's usually pretty creepy or weird but the ending is usually happy. I don't always like happy endings but it's nice when I'm in the mood for it. I'd never read anything by Dan Brown before and really enjoyed it. I'm going to get The Da Vinci Code next.

The return flight home would've been better if I hadn't been sitting next to some guy who kept talking to me. First he turned the little air thing on above my head so that it was pointed right one me, drying my contacts out. When he asked if it was okay I gave my standard answer of "sure, no problem." But after 15 minutes I had to turn it off. Then he wanted to know where to go party in Orlando and he just couldn't believe I didn't know of anywhere. I explained that 3 kids kind of slow you down. I didn't encourage conversation but that didn't stop him from offering to buy me a drink. I almost took him up on the offer cause I've never had anyone offer to get me a drink on an airplane but decided that wouldn't be a good idea. Especially since I was locked in beside him with nowhere to hide.

Had some yummy sex last night! Woo Hoo! Then I woke Sweety up at 6:30 a.m. for an encore. I'd laid in bed for an hour thinking thoughts before I couldn't take it any more and I had to take advantage of him. One of my favorite parts of marriage is the access to sex. I mean, I love him but when I was single it was a real pain in the ass to have to "get to know" someone before having sex. I was okay with a couple of one night stands but then you run the risk of having someone wanting to keep contact with you and then you realize their personality makes you crazy.

Uh-oh. I just gave tiny dog Oy her first bite of buttered potato bread. And she loves it. I may have created a monster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Angels and Demons. Wasn't it good??? I would have NEVER guessed the ending. It kept turning and changing!!!

Glad you're back!!

Chickie said...

The ending was a total jaw-dropper for me. I could've enjoyed it more if the idiot on the plane next to me would've left me alone! When I got home I re-read it to make sure I didn't miss anything.