5/6/05

A "Hurray!" and a Rant

I just spoke with my Dad and he told me that a portion of the money my Grandma left is going to my Mom. Grandma's oldest son (who didn't come to the funeral and hasn't been to OK to visit Grandma in 15 years) said he wanted his share to go to Mom. I am glad. It's probably going to be around a couple thousand dollars and I know that it will help her out tremendously. Good good good.

I saw something that really peeved me earlier today. I was on my way home from the bank and where you come out onto the main road is very confusing. There are a couple of business driveways that enter the main road at the same spot but there is no traffic light there. Some guy had a fresh baby in a stroller thing and basically darted through traffic. There was a crosswalk a half a block up. Why not mosey on up to it and USE IT! Instead of pushing your baby in front of you where it could get ran over. Sheesh. It makes me cringe to see unkempt kids (i don't mean dirty from play, i mean no shoes on the asphalt, eye crunchies that are 3 days old, underdressed for the weather, green teeth...that sort of thing). I just want to tell the grown up that's with them "look, you're responsible for making sure this child is ready to face the world. if he grows up and doesn't want to eat or bathe that can be his decision then. but you should make sure things like that are taken care of on a kiddo, even if you don't choose to take care of yourself!" Or to see some hoochie mama all dressed up at 9 p.m. toting around a kid that's 3 years old and just wearing a diaper. I think how your children look is a direct reflection of yourself. If you're dressed up all nice and your kid looks like an orphan you don't look so hot. Okay. I'm done ranting about this. I'm getting a headache.

I spent approximately 6 effing hours of my life dinking with this template here. I am too picky. I wanted to get the little portion of the template that was orange to pink and couldn't do it but did figure out how to remove it all together. And I think I've got this Blogrolling thing done right so I can see when people update posts. This will save me from checking every post every 2 hours on my days off. Cause I can't check just one, gotta check them all, in order so I don't miss one. I should probably get back on the Paxil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use blogrolling too but I have had problems with it. Some blogs never show as updated yet I can't figure out why. It's supposed to "know" about all blogspot blogs but doesn’t. And I know that I have my WordPress-based site specifically configured to tell it that there are new posts but it still doesn't always update people's lists.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Anon again. I don't blog, I just read and respond, and keep the interesting blogs under "Favorites" until they get dull. So far, you've kept my interest. Your writing reminds me of my daughter's writing.

imapuma

Chickie said...

MCB - i think the blogroll thing is working for some of the posts. it works well enough for me so that i don't feel the need to check every single blog every time i pass my computer!

imapuma - i'm glad you're visiting me!