5/13/05

Quit Asking Me About the Baby Already!

Lunch at school went well. I didn't even tell LB that I knew he was late for school. We had a nice lunch. While we were in the lunch line his teacher came up and told him the new baby was cute and asked if he had held her yet. He told her yes. Then the teacher comes over to me and asks me if I've held her yet. I just gave her a funny look and said no and she told me the baby certainly was precious. I wanted to tell her that not only have I held it but I thought it was so effing cute that I tried to breastfeed it but my titty was rejected. I haven't even laid eyes on the little flesh loaf yet.

Sweety and I have decided that the teachers must think that I'm the boys' mom since I'm the one always up there for field trips and lunches and the boys' have a tendency to introduce me to their friends at school as their mom. And that they must think that him and EW are married since they always do the teachers meetings together and I never go to those. (i don't think they need a whole crowd for teachers meetings. sweety just reports everything back to me) When all three of us are at an open house or something I kinda hang back and let Sweety and EW do the talking so maybe that's part of it too. I dunno.

Or maybe they think Sweety is running a harem over here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you really need to start coming up with a smart comeback. or just the truth. start putting them in their places...they'll catch on..

Chickie said...

i'm thinking of doing that. but i don't want to have my kids known as the ones with the bitchy stepmom. i'll be glad when school is out. maybe next year i'll go to a couple of meetings and make sure the teachers know who i am.