5/13/05

Tagged

Agh. I've been tagged by Sarcastic Kitty!

1. Total Number of Books I've Owned: A bunch. I'm a nerd.

2. Last Book I Bought: Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

3. Last Book I Read: I just finished Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. Now I'm working on The Da Vinci Code

4. 5 Books that mean a lot to me: These are all books that I've read and re-read several times.

1 - All of the Little House on the Prairie books. I read these probably 10 times each by the time I was in the sixth grade.

2 - I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. It's a collection of short stories and one of them, Dance of the Dead really creeped me out. I didn't realize why til I had a friend read it and she said it was because it sounded like something that would happen to me.

3 - Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews. The first "grown up" book I read. I was in the third grade and my teacher didn't believe me til I did a book report on it.

4 - The Talisman by Stephen King. Because sometimes I think this world exists. Or at least it should.

5 - The Dark Tower VII by Stephen King. When I was growing up I read the Dark Tower series and waited impatiently til the next one came out. I cried when I read the last one because it was kinda like having my best friend move away.

And an honorable mention goes to all of the Playboys and Penthouse magazines my dad kept hidden in the closet. Learned a lot from those.

I know the rule is that you're supposed to tag 5 people but I suck at chain letters. And well, I don't think I hang around at enough blogs that I could come up with 5 people. The buck stops here.

My mom sent me some kind of chain letter in January where you send the person on the list 2 dish towels. Guess what is sitting on my floor right now? A box with 2 dish towels in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, bite me. It was good for ya.

I still own my Little House books. Isn't that weird! You can tell that we're all the same age!

Very cool. And of course I love Angels and Demons.

You need to read "All He Ever Wanted" by Anita Shreve. I'm diggin' it.

Chickie said...

yeah yeah. i know it was good for me. i'm using this blog as a way to work on my social retardation.

i didn't own the Little House books but i can still tell you exactly where they are in my childhood library.

i will try "All He Ever Wanted". you're the second person to suggest it to me.