6/17/05

I Just Feel Like Screaming

I've been feeling pretty crummy the past few days. I'm not sure why. Yesterday I was consumed with a feeling that something HORRIBLE was fixing to happen. I felt like crying but was too busy looking at the sky, waiting for it to fall on me, to bother. I'm not so jumpy today. Which is a good thing.

We're fixing to have houseguests. My Dad, Stepmom, her son and one of his friends. I may be kind of anxious about that. I'm a terrible hostess.
Breakfast? There's a McDonald's up the road.
Dinner? Well, we're having something that was frozen in a box.
I just got off the phone with my Dad and he is about 8 hours away. This means I will not see them before I go to work. So I can put off being around a bunch of people til tomorrow. This is a good thing also.

Wow, my day is looking good.

Things are getting scarce in the places I like to frequent in blogland. On hiatus Sarcastic Kitty, Bad Girl and there hasn't been a peep from Stuckfornow in awhile. And Suburban Dad poofed away also. Of course, knowing these folks aren't posting doesn't stop me from checking their sites like a dozen times a day to see if they're back. Though in BG's case, it kind of makes me feel good to see that she's not blogging over there. It seems kinda weird to me how one can worry/wonder about someone whose life you read about in little pieces.

I'm trying to find some new blogs to read. But it is hard. I am a creature of intense habit.

Stinky dog has to have a bath today before company lands. Yay. I may hog-tie her and do her nails too. She'd looove all the extra attention. Ha. Maybe I'll just let her be grubby. No, I can't do that. I swear the house gets dirtier faster if the dog is all grubbed out. Must make her tidy like the homestead.

I need to try and sleep some more before work but I feel too keyed up to close my eyes. I wish I knew why I was feeling this way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is frustrating when blogs that you have been reading just vanish over night. I know that people stop blogging for a bunch of reasons but a farewell post would be nice.

Good luck with the company. We don't do adult houseguests. People can visit for as long as they like but when its time to go to bed they better get in a car and go to a hotel. I haven't worn pajamas in over 20 years and I'm not going to start now. But I still want to be able to get up and get a drink in the middle of the night if I want. The kids having sleepovers isn’t so bad since I don't plan on getting any sleep. Mostly, I just say "you guys need to go to bed" until it changes into "you guys need to take a shower".

Chickie said...

Luckily we don't have guests that often. And it does prompt me to thouroughly clean the house. The boys never have guests over. It hasn't really come up with them yet but probably will as they get a little bigger. I'm dreading that cause then it means I'll have to get to know other parents. And meeting people freaks me out. Maybe I'll leave that stuff up to Sweety.