7/26/05

I'm Rich!

I got a raise yesterday. Of 3.74%. This will be about 40 extra each bimonthly pay period before taxes. I didn't realize that everyone didn't get a raise. I was talking to PodMate and he asked me if I got my review and if I got a raise. He didn't and someone else in our pod got a raise but only 2%. This should prove to Sweety that even though I loathe my job and have the occasional absence that my post is fairly secure. I am so glad that I went to work yesterday. It was mentioned on my review that I should expand my horizons and post for some different types of positions to expand my experience. Can we all say, 'fuck no'? I'd rather just come in and do my job like a good little ant and then go home.

My paycheck that I'll be getting on Friday was up online for me to see. I've really gottta start going to work as scheduled because unpaid time certainly whacks into my portion of my check. There's enough there to pay Sweety his dues but my part of it took a beating. I suppose the time off was worth it. That's what I'll keep telling myself anyway.

I'm going to go ingest some diet cherry pepsi intravenously and see what the sprogs are up to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raises are always good. My company was on the seldom/never pay raise plan because we "need to contain costs". So your reward for being a good drone was zero. You could get a raise but it had to be done in secret.

Chickie said...

If I would've known that not everyone got the same raise I'd have been more quiet about mine.

Anonymous said...

Companies got out of the habit of giving everyone the same thing for two reasons. 1) It makes the good people not work as had since they get the same as the mediocre ones; and 2) The bad employees have no motivation.

Raises are always sensitive subjects. Years ago when I was fresh out of college, I mentioned to a co-worker that I got a six-month review and a raise. He didn't so he was really pissed. Maybe he should have negotiated better but it was too late by the time I stuck my foot in my mouth. Now no one knows how much I get.