8/2/05

I Made Out Like A Bandit

Went back to the mall today to take advantage of the sale that Penney's was having. I am very pleased with my purchases. 2 pairs o' shoes, 3 shirts, 2 dresses, 2 pairs of pants. And all are things that I can wear to work or elsewhere. Usually I'm totally frumped out when I go to work but I've decided to start dressing like it looks like I care. The new shirts and dresses hint at the fact that I have boobage instead of looking like a I'm wearing a tent and the shoes are little strappy things instead of boys formal shoes. The people at my job may not recognize me. I spent more than I meant to but I saved more than I spent. I've left the tags on everything in case I get any buyer's regret and feel the need to return anything. Don't think it's gonna happen though. This was the first pain free shopping excursion I've had in a long time. The clothes just came crawling out of the racks towards me. I felt like the Pied Piper of Women's Clothing.

When Sweety and the boys got home I showed off my new things. They didn't get my excitement but they were a good audience. I did a little fashion show for Sweety. He thinks I'm getting ready to fly the coop on him. I just told him that I was tired of wearing the same pair of khakis and my Granpa's flannel jacket to work. This is the first time that I've been clothes shopping and was happy with the way everything fit. I didn't buy anything that I felt like I needed to lose weight to get in to or that didn't feel good when I was sitting down.

Yesterday morning I took the boys to their mom's and Sweety was supposed to pick them up after work. EW called him yesterday and asked if they could spend the night and he'd pick them up today after work and on Sunday instead of staying with her (since it's her weekend) they'd be here and we'd take them to their first day of school on Monday. She said it would just be to hard to get them ready for school and her other kids. Gee, I wonder what will happen for the rest of the school year?

Anyhoo, I forgot my phone when I went into the mall and when I got out there were 7 calls from Sweety. LB told EW that he was ready come back to our house early instead of waiting for his dad to come pick them up so she brought them over here and I was gone. Sweety was wondering when I'd be back. He was kind of snippy on the phone because I didn't answer. He has since apologized. I told him if I'd have known I'd be needed here to hang out with the boys today I'd have stayed close to the house. But, truth be known, I'm glad that I was gone. I'd been looking forward to having today alone and I did get a good mall trip accomplished. And the boys are no worse for wear. They did get to spend some extra quality time with their mother. I think when the boys are at one place they should stay there until whenever it's been agreed upon by their parents that they'll be leaving. If they start picking and choosing when they'll go to who's house I think chaos and hurt feelings will follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your new stuff. It's always fun to get new things.

EW should not unilaterally change the rules and expect you to be at her beck and call. A painful lesson for LB but kids should not be setting the visitation schedule.

Chickie said...

Usually I am home at that time of day but asleep. The boys had used the key to get into the house and she was driving away when Sweety called her to let her know I wasn't there so she went back for them. BB pulled a stunt like this a few months ago and he was warned at that time that where you were is where you will stay til it's time to leave. LB knows the same now too.