8/8/05

Nostrils of Fire

Have you ever been eating or drinking something and then choked on it so that some of the stuff came out of your nose? I just did that and I think I'm gonna die. PM from work sent me an article about Korean restaurants and it made me hungry. So I made myself a bowl of rice, sesame seeds, and mushrooms and spiced it up with some hot bean paste. When I'm eating I crunch down on something. That something is dirt because I forgot to wash my 'shrooms. I think "ew. i'm eating dirty mushrooms. wonder if there's any manure on them?" and I choke trying to decide if I should spit out my last bite or not. I have been blowing fiery bits of rice out of my nose. This shit is stinging. I tried to sniff a little water after it to maybe wash it out but that didn't work. My sinuses are burning but the injured nose hole is working very well now.

Last night at work was uneventful. PM was the only person who knew it was my birthday and he brought me a card. I like it like that. I really enjoyed everyone's "happy birthday's" on my blog but in person I'd just rather have the masses stay away.

And SK was kind enough to send me an Amazon certificate for hosting her blog while she was on her cruise. Maybe I can find a muzzle for tiny dog there. She mentioned that she hadn't expected me to post so much, maybe once or twice. Geez, I didn't realize that. I'd never guest hosted before so I thought it was my job to try and keep up with what she usually does. Next time, I'll be lazier :)

I'm gonna go try and blow some more rice out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

work? on your birthday? sorry. i normally take off the week of my birthday. heh. basically giving myself a present. plus, the coworkers can't make a big deal of the birthday since i'm not there during that time. :)

Anonymous said...

You were a great guest host over at SK's blog.

You can guest host for us anytime but then you'd have to post some R-rated photographs of yourself like we do. ;-)

Chickie said...

mam - Well, I was sick *cough* *cough* the on Friday the 5th. I didn't want anyone to realize it was my birthday soon so my abscence didn't seem oddly timed.

bekah - It's ok you missed the birthday. I should be having another one next year!

I dunno. Tiny dog Oy may kick Duce's ass. But I'll keep you in mind if I ever need a break.

mcb - I don't think I could keep up in photos with you and CG. But I could try. I'd probably just try to recreate some of yours. I was just thinking of you in your pool cleaning gear yesterday.